Information: This board is currently read-only.
Redwolf
Advanced Member

March 4th, 2013, 1:06 pm #41

Bukwas wrote:
Redwolf wrote:Well the potato version sounds much more tempting than the version I remember as a child! :lol: Though in my mom's case, it was a wooden spoon since hickory trees were scarce in our area!
You're lucky.

My mom was a teacher and had her own paddle.

You're VERY lucky.
Ha! Poor guy. :lol:

I did get swatted at school though. I was probably the last child spanked by Mrs. Beckwith, the elderly kindergarten teacher at my public elementary school. She was about 120 yrs old when she taught me, but very spry for her age and girth.

Yes, I deserved it.

I had been placed in time-out for misbehaving. The time-out chair was next to the dollhouse with those little bendable people. I was sitting there fuming and saw Mrs. Beckwith bend over to help another child. From my vantage point, I see a wide bottom in a polyester flowered dress. The first two dolls hit their target (it was hard to miss) and the third one never had time to leave my hand.

When I got home, I got spanked again. :ang:

I was a very well behaved student after that incident, as were the rest of my classmates lol.

If Mrs. Beckwith was still around, I bet she'd be big help to Pat. Maybe we can find another elderly kindergarten teacher to kick butt?

Redwolf
Advanced Member

March 4th, 2013, 1:08 pm #42

Pat, sorry we've taken this thread off track.

Have you had any luck with those morons?

Ty
Advanced Member

March 5th, 2013, 5:22 am #43

Redwolf wrote: She was about 120 yrs old when she taught me, but very spry for her age and girth.

LOL

Pat
Advanced Member

March 5th, 2013, 4:29 pm #44

LOL ... not yet, I was sick, so haven't done anything about it yet. I've been enjoying the off topic parts though, do carry on ... :lol:

Bukwas
Advanced Member

March 6th, 2013, 6:32 am #45

Redwolf wrote:Pat, sorry we've taken this thread off track.

Have you had any luck with those morons?
Nope, we've tried but are of little help..

:D

Pat
Advanced Member

April 18th, 2013, 1:28 pm #46

To update you all ... the three offending videos on YouTube have been removed. They were created by two guys, the owners of Facebook.com/Find Bigfoot, Jack Barnes and Jeff Andersen. However, I have also discovered that these guys published a book last November that has my artwork in it too. (I'll get to that later)

I had help from Peter, one of my Ontario Sasquatch admins who is FAR more patient then I am .. lol ... He acted as my agent and did ALL the back and forth emailing with YouTube. I really thank him for all his dogged determination in dealing with YouTube AND with Facebook.

After we got the first video removed, Jack Barnes, (FB/Find Bigfoot guy) contacted me on Facebook. Here's what he said:
wrote:Jack Demosthenes Barnes 8:06am Mar 31

Patricia,
I am one of the admins on Facebook.com/findbigfoot. We are not sure if you are the Patricia Barker of the Bigfoot sketch project. Would you happen to be one in the same?

If so we would like to negotiate for the removal of the copyright strike against our YouTube account. We are very sorry for the use of the drawing without permission and have removed the video . We are also willing to pay you for the use of Manitoba/Auburn sketches. We did not know there was a copyright on the image and like many things in the Bigfoot world was of unspecified or abandoned origin.

-FBFB
Bigfoot
This is a Fan Page for sharing information on Bigfoot sightings. Feel free to upload stories, photos...

Seriously??? Unspecified? Abandoned? I went to their Facebook/Find Bigfoot page and after scrolling down a ways, what did I find, but more of my artwork posted there without permission! I didn't want to reply to him via Facebook, so went online to search for email addresses for them. What did my search turn up? These guys published a book last November ALSO including my artwork without permission. I found two emails online for them, so I sent the following letter to both of them and to their lawyer:
wrote:To Jack Barnes, Jeff Andersen, Jim Larranaga,

Yes, I am Patricia Barker, the artist who created the paintings that appear on my website, Sasquatch Illustration Project on this page: http://sasquatchillustrationproject.moo ... 4533189920. They are titled: Manitoba 01 – Dead sasquatch from front, and Manitoba 01 – Dead sasquatch with bullet wound in back.

You did not remove the video from YouTube. YouTube removed it after I filed a complaint with them because you used my sasquatch paintings in several videos without permission.

You say you did not know there was a copyright on the image. That’s ridiculous. My name, the copyright symbol, and 2004, the year the artwork was created by me, are signed on each painting. On Manitoba 01 - Dead sasquatch from front , it appears beside the hand, and on Manitoba 01 – Dead sasquatch with bullet wound in back, it appears beside the foot. I signed each painting myself. I have the original artwork here in my studio.

In addition, at the bottom of each page on my website, the website that you copied my artwork from, is this statement: “The artwork presented in this website is the copyright of the artist and may not be reproduced without permission.” I don’t know what could be clearer than that. You did not ask permission to reproduce or publish my artwork when you could see that there were statements on the website that prohibit them from being used without my permission. Yet you went ahead and published them anyway.

You make the excuse that you thought the work “like many things in the Bigfoot world was of unspecified or abandoned origin”. The website is a live site, meaning paid-up-to-date and not abandoned.

Copyright on works of art lasts for 70 years from the end of the calendar year in which it was created and begins automatically the moment art is produced. Since these paintings were created in 2004, they can’t be reproduced without my permission until the year 2075. This applies to every artist’s work.

You have also used my artwork on your Facebook page without permission, again infringing on my copyright. Kindly take all of my artwork down within 24 hours. I have already taken action with Facebook to have them removed. If you do not remove the artwork from Facebook, I will take legal action against you. If you continue to petition YouTube to put the video’s back up with any of my illustrations in them, I will be forced to start legal proceedings against you.

I have also discovered that you have used my illustrations, without my permission, in your book, You Are Sasquatch, published in November 2012. They are the same images that you used in the videos, including more images from my website, for example, Ohio 01 – Artist’s extrapolation of how the rest of the face may have looked, from this page on my website: http://sasquatchillustrationproject.moo ... 4533187654. You are making money from the sale of your book using my artwork without permission. I am now consulting a lawyer.

I find it ironic that in your pdf document: http://www.sasquatchcanada.com/uploads/ ... quatch.pdf you have “Do not transmit” banners on each page and a copyright notice at the bottom of each page, yet you choose to ignore the same copyright statements on my website.

I will not be giving you permission to use my work anywhere online, or in print, or anywhere else, particularly since you used it without permission already.

You had a flagrant disregard, did not care, and just thought that if it appears online, it’s free for the taking. It is not.

My decision is final and is not negotiable. All further conversations regarding my artwork and copyright infringement should be conducted through my agent, Peter at [his email address].

Patricia Barker
Sasquatch Illustration Project
Founder of Ontario Sasquatch Research
Michigan Recording Project
Since I sent that letter (which I got no reply to) they have appealed the removal of each of the other two videos. We (Peter) challenged each appeal, and YouTube has agreed to keep them offline. Peter also went to Facebook, and successfully had my artwork removed there as well.

I've consulted with a lawyer about the whole thing, and specifically about the book. He has told me how to deal with it, so when I can find the time, I will be going forward with that as well. I won't get into the details of how I have been advised to handle that part, for obvious reasons, this being a public forum.

Stacy
Advanced Member

April 18th, 2013, 2:08 pm #47

Assholes... I'm so glad you're going after them. I hope they're not only forced to pay you VERY handsomely from whatever they've made from the sale of their book AND from their own pockets, but also forced to remove the book from circulation as well. And to issue a very public apology. That is just--it's unbelievable beyond words.

keilder
Advanced Member

April 18th, 2013, 2:26 pm #48

If you lived closer I'd take you out for Chessey, Mulled Haggis tonight to celebrate, or fish & chips with a bottle of Merlot. :D

Oorah!! Well done Pat.

Redwolf
Advanced Member

April 18th, 2013, 10:59 pm #49

Glad to hear you're getting traction with this Pat. What a bunch of lying SOB's.

For anyone interested in leaving a review on their book with Pat's stolen art at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Sasquatch ... B008CALN9C

There's also a paperback version here, but I think the reviews carry over? http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Sasquatch ... ap_title_0

Stacy
Advanced Member

April 19th, 2013, 12:11 am #50

GREAT to know Red, thank you. I have visited that page. ;)

Obviously these fools don't know who they're messing with LOL...the very first adjective I would use to describe Pat is "tenacious". They're in for some hurt!