Information: This board is currently read-only.
Bukwas
Advanced Member

3:54 AM - Mar 22, 2013 #11

Were there any "corrective actions" done within the group after the events?

Just Curious
Advanced Member

7:27 AM - Mar 06, 2015 #12

Well, now you can read all about it HERE

So far I've found reference to a wood ape (their lingo) being shot at, but no mention of the whole story.

I'll withhold further comment until I've finished reading the whole thing.

Just Curious
Advanced Member

12:22 AM - Apr 02, 2015 #13

OK, as a voracious reader, it says something that it took me a month to read this 200 page monograph...

It was written to seem as though an impressive amount of circumstantial evidence was collected in the form of rock throws, whoops and chatter talk, partial and complete sightings, blood sample from the shooting incident, a hair sample, wood knocks, knocking on metal (corrugated sheds and machinery) and so on. Each individual type of incident is cataloged separate even if several things were part of one incident which makes it seem like more.

All-in-all, they think they're all that when it comes to their methods. They think they're the only ones being so scientific in what they're doing observing and trying to collect their specimen. I don't agree with that.

The most interesting event in the whole 200 pages was the night something reached in through the window (5 ft off the ground) and pushed and pulled on a sleeping person. (That's where the hair sample came from).

There is much within that could be attributed to other animals. There are a few events that most likely were their target species.

They seem to be taking a very non-invasive approach for a group supposedly hunting. It seems most times when they observe something they run back to the cabin rather than tracking. Someone in a blind was bluff charged by something and rather than standing their ground ready to shoot, they called for backup who came running and scared off whatever it was.

They may get purely lucky at some point and actually accomplish their task. I wish them luck in doing so.