Information: This board is currently read-only.

Strange Sounds

moregon
Advanced Member

November 11th, 2014, 6:47 pm #1

Yesterday I took a run out to an area in this part of the country I had an unknown encounter with something, probably 40 years ago. I never saw it, only heard it and experienced the result of a physical effort on its part. Therefore I'm not going to say it was or was not bigfoot, but I will say I don't believe it was a normal animal found in this part of the country.

I decided to place an audio recorder out there, and let it record for as long as it could, then go back out today to retrieve the recorder to see what, if anything I had recorded. I have over 12 hours of audio to sift through, so just for curiosity sake I viewed the file in my audio editor and can see places in the recording were sounds were picked up. This sound has me stumped, I'm not sure if it is created by a living creature of something else, I DO KNOW I have no idea what it is or what it could be. According to where it's located on the recording I'm guessing it was recorded between 10:00 and 11:00 last night. I had placed the recorder near a swampy area in a section of woods. Using Google Earth and its Satellite View I can see the nearest Farm Houses are one to the NORTH and one to the SOUTH both about 3/4 of a mile away. The next nearest farm house is 1.25 miles to the NE and any other farm houses in any direction are at least a couple of miles away. Here's a link to the sound recorded, see if anyone has any suggestions of what might have made it.

Date Novermber 11, 2014, most of the birds have migrated and about the only ones left in this area would be those that winter over in the upper midwest, waterfowl would be Canada Geese and Mallards. Mammals that I've seen in this area Whitetail Deer, Badgers, Weasels, Muskrat, Beaver, Squirrel, Rabbits, Coyote, Fox, and other typical small mammals. I'm not associating this sound with any of these that I've heard before.

http://clyp.it/qyuz5dx3

moregon
Advanced Member

November 11th, 2014, 10:42 pm #2

Listening to more of the recording I came back to the part where the above sounds were recorded. I now think it was a dog, as a little further in the recording I can hear it a number of times as well as some voices. However... I believe the dog and the people were most likely on the other side of the river about 100 yards south of where the recorder was. If that's where the dog was, what ran past my recorder? It sounds like something fairly large ran by pretty close to it. I'm guessing most likely a deer, but not positive.

http://clyp.it/scaooaz5

GuyInIndiana
Advanced Member

November 12th, 2014, 12:11 am #3

The website says it can't find either "clyp" to let me hear it.

moregon
Advanced Member

November 12th, 2014, 4:56 am #4

It works for me, try this one, this is the one to the main menu of all the files I uploaded, all of them are related to this last recording.

http://clyp.it/search?type=hashtag&query=SamSaladino

Let me know if you can hear them using this way. I noticed the site went down a couple of times earlier, I think because it's a new site and probably still working the bugs out. A lot of sites won't let you upload .mp3 files which is why I was trying this one.

Just Curious
Advanced Member

November 12th, 2014, 5:40 am #5

I can link to the site just fine now, so maybe it was a temporary thing. I've already sent a long description of what I'm hearing in each of the clips. The recorder is definitely picking up everything out there!

Just Curious
Advanced Member

November 15th, 2014, 3:51 am #6

In the dogplus clip, can anyone identify what that whoosh kind of sound might be? Based on the facts, a human jogger is pretty much ruled out.

Bukwas
Advanced Member

November 16th, 2014, 11:49 pm #7

If you're talking about the sound of something running by the recorder it sounds like a quadraped, where in the clip is the whooshing sound?