Information: This board is currently read-only.

Strange Disappearances

moregon
Advanced Member

January 27th, 2015, 6:50 am #1

Just caught this on Facebook, one of the News Sources I watch for a variety of different topics, some mundane and once in a while you get a head scratcher like this pop up.

Apparently over the last 2 months 40 dogs have turned up missing in the Ft. Worth Texas area. No clues to what or who is taking them. No clues of human involvement, no bodies or blood indicating animal attacks.

Is there human involvement or something more sinister... OR!

Another thing that comes to mind is patterns like this are realized when a number of dogs and cats and other pets suddenly start disappearing in large numbers, usually right before a big earthquake hits. In recent months Oklahoma has been hit by numerous earthquakes. I think in 2014 they had well over 200 quakes of 3.0 and higher when they normally have 2 per year. The finger is pointed at Fracking in southern Oklahoma.

I think the fact the dogs are missing for Decatur Texas, and Decatur Texas is located less than 70 miles from Ardmore Oklahoma, which has been one of the more active quake locations in the last year. They've had 7 quakes in the last month or so of 3.0 and higher and 76 quakes of the same strength in the last year. So keep your eyes on souther Oklahoma and Northern Texas near Ft Worth for any big quakes in the next month or so. This might be something to alert people to be aware if they notice it again.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... isappeared

Hikergirl
Advanced Member

January 27th, 2015, 4:36 pm #2

One of the strongest earthquakes ever recorded in North America happened in SE Missouri. The New Madrid Fault. The earth dropped a few feet and the Mississippi ran backwards for several days as the water ran to fill in the depression. It was so strong that it rang church bells on the East Coast. While everyone is familiar with the faults in California there are some active earthquake areas in the mid continent.

Just Curious
Advanced Member

January 28th, 2015, 3:51 am #3

We'll have to mark it on our calendars and see if you're right moregon. I think it's plausible because some years ago when there was an earthquake in Illinois, my cats were acting strange for a couple days earlier. I wouldn't have thought anything of it except I felt the earthquake although I had no idea that's what it was at the time. It wasn't until afterwards that I realized that's what was up with my cats.

Unfortunately, I just can't remember what it was that the cats did. I just know it was something enough out of the ordinary that it was noticed prior to the earthquake.

Bukwas
Advanced Member

January 28th, 2015, 5:16 am #4

Hikergirl wrote:One of the strongest earthquakes ever recorded in North America happened in SE Missouri. The New Madrid Fault. The earth dropped a few feet and the Mississippi ran backwards for several days as the water ran to fill in the depression. It was so strong that it rang church bells on the East Coast. While everyone is familiar with the faults in California there are some active earthquake areas in the mid continent.
And Reelfoot Lake was formed in Tennessee..

Good fishing BTW. :D

Just Curious
Advanced Member

January 28th, 2015, 1:44 pm #5

Just a random thought here, but has anyone done any correlation studies between earthquakes and bigfoot sightings? I mean, if other animals sense an impending earthquake and act accordingly, you'd think bigfoot would be on the move also potentially increasing the chances of one being sighted.

Hikergirl
Advanced Member

January 28th, 2015, 7:24 pm #6

Your question about earthquakes and bigfoot struck a thought I had some time ago. When BF moves around I often hear deep, almost below my hearing ability, thuds and thumps. They are similar to such thuds you hear near a fast moving stream, where big rocks are being knocked together. Once I heard that sound, I pretty well tune into that to know if they are in the area. Sometimes I hear them moving from tree to tree peeking at me. So I hear two or three thuds as they step from tree to tree. I have wondered, like you, if you made some sort of thumper, if it would attract bigfoot or cause them to move like an earthquake makes animals move. If you have seen "Dune" they used thumpers to attract the sand worms.

Just Curious
Advanced Member

January 30th, 2015, 7:58 am #7

It might, but if they're territorial, it might not be in a good way.

Hikergirl
Advanced Member

January 31st, 2015, 6:47 pm #8

You might be right. The sand worms in Dune, do not like the thumpers.