Information: This board is currently read-only.

South Fork River Utah Video

Just Curious
Advanced Member

March 2nd, 2013, 12:57 pm #1

OK folks, here is something to while away the winter hours...

Some years ago, a coworker and I did a crime scene investigation while outside on break one winter day. There were tracks leading out from some dumpsters into the middle of an 8x10' "field" that suddenly 'disappeared' in this new fallen snow. There were no tracks leading backward to indicate a change of direction. Of course, we had to investigate. Upon reaching the crime scene, we immediately noticed a disturbance in the snow bank and feint specks of blood! Super sleuths that we were, we immediately knew what had happened. The mouse had come out from under the dumpsters across the new fallen snow until, in the middle of the 'field' a bird spotted it, swooped down and had dinner. Case closed.

This video reminded me of that day... I think this is a real video under real circumstances. These guys had an auditory encounter the night before and have returned to the site the next day to check it out. What they find is a trail, which they follow to an interesting 'end'. Their reactions seem real - two brothers, one wants to keep going to see where it will lead and the other is getting nervous because it's getting later in the day and he obviously doesn't want to be there after dark. Both are initially excited and awestruck at what they've found. They find hair, which you can clearly see in the video. I really wish they had kept going because the tracks look pretty fresh and they stood a good chance of finding what they were after. For our mini CSI, where do you think the hair came from? What do you think was going on?

Unbelievable Bigfoot Tracks and Hair Found Video

Stacy
Advanced Member

March 2nd, 2013, 2:59 pm #2

Hmmmm.... first thought was "OK, why could that not be a rabbit bounding around in the area?" Seems like if the tracks were only a day old, there should have been more distinct impressions, even of toes, IF that was a bf.

BUT, then they got into the woods, and whatever it was, it was going over some fairly large obstacles that a rabbit wouldn't jump over (when it could have gone around), and couldn't have gone underneath. The hair is VERY intriguing... it's fairly long, and if the animals out there are shedding like our dog is here already, then that makes sense. They've almost GOT to grow some kind of winter undercoat to survive, and then turn around and shed it coming into Spring.

Anyway, it's hard to say but I think it's definitely possible that it could have been a bf.

Susan
Advanced Member

March 2nd, 2013, 10:35 pm #3

That was very interesting..... the thing that struck me was the depth of the tracks. A rabbit would hardly push the snow down to that depth and neither would a deer. Heck, the two brother's tracks were not even half the depth of those other prints. Add that to the shear number of them and spacing and in my opinion what they've found is very, very intriguing.......

Could the hair have been from the deer it seemed to be chasing? Do deer shed hair due to fear like my dog does? Whenever we go to the vet, he sheds like crazy. This is something the vet has confirmed that animals do when frightened.....

Bukwas
Advanced Member

March 4th, 2013, 2:18 am #4

I'm thinking fox or possibly a bobcat or lynx, tracks may have been a day old but there was snowfall between the first encounter and the return.

Just Curious
Advanced Member

March 5th, 2013, 5:18 am #5

I'll have to go watch the video again. I think they said they were "snowed over" which could just mean the blowing snow covered them over out in the open along the fence. But, yeah, good point if there was snow in between, you'd think the hair would have been buried beneath the snow.

I'm really intrigued with this video, so I'm going to analyze it to death.

Just Curious
Advanced Member

March 6th, 2013, 6:47 am #6

And now these brothers have gone back to the crime scene! They brought tweezers and baggies this time to collect samples for our CSI.

Returning to the spot where they ended last time, they found those hairs to have slime, so that was organic matter (still think it was blood). But, they also found one hair that they measured at 5 inches long. Then they found another one, but he just picked it up and measured it, he didn't keep it. My first reaction on seeing the clumps was "hairball" from a cat, but then looking at the size, I could only wish that my own cat had such dainty little things. At one point, there's a snag of hair on a long stemmed plant. I wish they had stopped to measure how high up that was because it looked to be a good 3 feet off the ground.

Again, they come to an 'end' with something to show for it. There is an area where obviously something laid down.

A couple things I noticed were that I think some of what they identified as tracks may have actually been tree drips. I have observed that when the snow and ice is melting off a tree, there is one depression caused by the first clump of snow falling off the end of the branch, and then drips from the ends of the branches, which on some trees look very much like toe marks. The second thing I noticed is that some of the actual tracks step right on ground cover (branches/brush) that other than a bear, other animals would have stepped around or over or under. In one instance, that includes a branch about 1 inch in diameter. What that means, I don't know. It was just an observation.

Given the length of this trackway and the fact that at no time is there evidence of this being a quadruped, I still find this very interesting.

I did go back and check to see what they said about snowfall. At first he says it was snowing a little bit, but then later says been snowed over a little bit. By their appearance, it seems to me that the tracks out in the open along the fence line were somewhat covered over by blowing snow, but then those in the woods don't look like they were snowed in at all. So, I don't think it actually snowed between when they first had their encounter and when they filmed this, I think it was just drifting snow cover.

Anyhow, here is the link to the new video: Unbelievable Part 2