Information: This board is currently read-only.

Pseudo-skeptic Sharon Hill Gets no Respect for Behaving Worse Than Badly

Strigoi

November 16th, 2013, 12:26 pm #1

Editor of the Bigfoot Times, Daniel Perez, comments throughout the following article in red text. In the article itself, an Amazon.com book review by Bigfoot researcher Bill Munns is mentioned and linked to. Please do read that Amazon review after reading Sharon Hill's article with Daniel Perez's added red comments sparsely throughout. But before you do all that. More...

http://undebunkingbigfoot.blogspot.com/ ... ts-no.html

GuyInIndiana
Advanced Member

November 16th, 2013, 12:56 pm #2

I've seen her post a lot of crock over at JREF. She's no different than any of the others over there: it's just that she takes the time to write a blog as well and claims to take an honest look at both sides of any equation.

I agree that many in bigfooting are hardly objective at all, but there's no difference in the "skeptics" and their blind dismissal of real evidence when it's presented, because they CAN just broad-brush it all as "non-evidence" since they already *KNOW* that the creatures don't exist.

I have as little patience or respect for them as I do for people involved in BF'ing that turns everything that happens outdoors into "proof of bigfoot". Both extremes do themselves a disservice.

Strigoi

November 16th, 2013, 2:17 pm #3

Well stated. Thanks for the reply.

Funny pic regarding the JREF Forum.

keilder
Advanced Member

November 17th, 2013, 4:44 pm #4

I haven’t read the above as I can’t be arsed, but I have to ask why would anybody interested in this subject post or read the JREF?

It’s like making a diabetic eat sugar constantly.

I’ve glanced over the years and the threads run sometimes into many pages which I couldn’t be bothered to read entirely, some points I did find valid but 99% of time it’s just over-educated or under-educated idiots posting.

But you have Ego….that is what is boils down to.

Do I agree you need to be skeptical? With the entire BS outside of these walls, you’re damn right you do, but that forum….I don’t get it why anybody posts there interested in this or even gives a damn about them.

I’m happy I don’t even know or care who the hell Sharon Hill is. If she doesn’t spend time in the woods with you, covers your costs then f*ck her and all types like that.

And I’m being nice. I’d make a shit politician wouldn’t I?

Strigoi

February 22nd, 2014, 7:11 pm #5

I care because I seek to reclaim the word skepticism from those who have hijacked it to mean its opposite and who stifle important truth seeking in this world.

http://undebunkingbigfoot.blogspot.com/ ... sm-to.html

Doberman
Advanced Member

March 8th, 2014, 1:02 pm #6

Good link, Strigio.