Information: This board is currently read-only.

New & Changing Ideas

Doberman
Advanced Member

December 28th, 2013, 7:01 pm #1

Throughout history, mainstream science has been wrong time after time....hundreds of examples. Yes, science is good, but do I trust 100% of the "facts" released? No, I do not. Modern Anthropology is based mostly on opinions. Agreed, the Ph.D's with their names are impressive, however, no degree in the world can tell me if a person is open-minded or deeply rooted in scientific dogma.

"A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood" ~Chinese Proverb

question.jpg
question.jpg

Doberman
Advanced Member

December 28th, 2013, 7:11 pm #2

pretty weird article from 1912....

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-fr ... 946396D6CF

Doberman
Advanced Member

December 28th, 2013, 7:15 pm #3

another weird story from 1886...
4795727_orig.jpg

Doberman
Advanced Member

December 28th, 2013, 7:40 pm #4

Took a reconstruction diagram of a Homo Heidelbergensis from the net, fast forwarded several hundred thousands years of evolution with some computer editing. ....Relatives? Maybe.....again, no answers, just theories and ideas from me...
comparison.jpg

Just Curious
Advanced Member

December 28th, 2013, 11:21 pm #5

Wow, you must have been reading my mind! I've been thinking lately about the changing views of science, specifically the whole 'the world is flat' 'fact'. Science is only as good as the latest technology in some cases. I prefer mathematics myself...

It's easy to say there are no Sasquatch skeletons, but until a fresh one is discovered and identified, we just can't say that.

I recently did some investigation into the article about the skeletons found in Wisconsin and it is a factual account. Whether or not they were giants is unclear, but I puzzle over the description of the face - what were they describing with the statement about the position of the nasal section being higher?

Doberman
Advanced Member

December 29th, 2013, 1:34 pm #6

In response to the nasal cavity, a larger cavity helps to warm & condition the air before it reaches the lungs much like a moose, caribou, and even the neanderthals. A camel's nose is designed to reclaim moisture from the air before it is exhaled. When a dog is overheated and actively panting, its sense of smell is reduced by as much as 40 percent as it uses the air to cool itself rather than for smelling. The description of the nasal section being higher on the skulls could possibility allow for a larger Turbinate Area, giving the specimens a greater sense of smell and the ability to deal with harsh environments? Below is a comparison of a human skull with a Homo Heidelbergensis skull....Notice the position of the nasal cavity.
human_comparison.jpg

Stacy
Advanced Member

December 29th, 2013, 2:26 pm #7

Already, I am loving this thread. We don't really do much talking about the actual subject anymore, despite the forum name...mainly because most of us have already been doing this for so long, and have beat each and every horse to death many times over. BUT, here's something different with a fresh spin, presented intelligently and without bold statements of concrete claims...so, YAY!

I can say for most of my group (not as in belonging to me, but that group to which I belong) that we all, for years, worked with the surety that this was nothing more than an upright ape. A gorilla that evolved to walk on two legs. That was until we hit the jackpot and lucked into our study area, and while I don't know that I personally am ready to think they may be a human species (which freaks me out a bit, frankly), it's become clear over the years that they are MUCH more than "just an animal."

Generally, I tend to file them in the Missing Link category in my own head...maybe not THAT missing link, but something that split off from the pongids way back about the time that our ancestors did. Who knows... but it's fun to speculate about. :)

Susan
Advanced Member

December 29th, 2013, 6:43 pm #8

I agree with Stacy, this thread is awesome!

I love those old articles, to me they seem to be very accurate and believable. Maybe I'm just a sucker but I just don't believe there were that many hoaxers around in those days like today.

Really interesting info on the nasal cavity and it makes total sense to me!

Just wanted to add, this subject IS what brought all of us together about 10+ (yes, TEN) years ago. We wouldn't be friends today without it! :D

Doberman
Advanced Member

December 29th, 2013, 7:19 pm #9

Found this on the net and can't stop wondering. This is just one guy's interpretation & reconstruction of a Homo Heidelbergensis skull....It looks very close to what sighting after sighting describes....not saying this is Sasquatch's ancestor, but there were many different types of hominids.....could one type have survived, against all odds, like the Coelacanth, but evolving to stay away from the social, violent, meat eating humans?
Homo_Heidelbergensis.jpg

Pat
Advanced Member

December 29th, 2013, 7:24 pm #10

Very interesting topic. After Doberman posted links to the Wisconsin giant bones article, I did an online search and found this site: http://www.sott.net/article/256712-A-gi ... -of-renown

It has photos and all kinds of links to more information on the giant skeletons.