Information: This board is currently read-only.

Michigan U.P. -- Glowing Eyes?

GuyInIndiana
Advanced Member

January 21st, 2014, 12:50 am #1

If you caught the Sunday night, Jan. 19th 2014 episode of FINDING BIGFOOT in the Michigan's U.P., you heard Matt Moneymaker proclaim that the reported sighting by two people (BFRO'ers I believe?) included eyes that didn't SHINE, but rather produced their own "LIGHT". Then Matt went on to call it "bioluminescence". He didn't suggest they did it. He stated it as a fact.

I'm sorry, but the common sense in nature's design, creating an eye that needs to take light IN, but still emits it instead makes NO SENSE at all. I know. I know. SOME people have reported this idea in bigfoot for a while now. However, I'm simply of that school that says if you're going to proclaim something that far out of sync with nature as to be ridiculous, I'm not going to believe it until you can prove it.

Thoughts?

keilder
Advanced Member

January 21st, 2014, 1:24 am #2

I always thought bioluminescent was limited mostly to aquatic sea life, with a few land insects, fungi and bacteria. So he’s saying Bigfoot evolved in the sea, made it to land, grew fur, and let’s say for humour some arms and legs as well. Or is a huge insect, or bacteria or fungi!

Well it makes sense to me…So Bigfoot is now crossed between a Glow Worm, Honey Mushroom and an Angelfish with fungus breathe who weighs 600-100lb and an attitude.

I really wanted to watch that episode when I heard it was in Michigan for the wilderness, now I’ve lost interest.

Stacy
Advanced Member

January 21st, 2014, 1:45 am #3

This is yet another bold display of Matt's jackassery. Jeez, that guy...as always, he has NO clue what a complete idiot he makes of himself. Mike's right, he stated as stone-cold fact that these things deliberately produce their own light which they direct out of their eyes as a way to communicate with each other. Honestly, he really did.

What made it even MORE douchebaggy is the fact that he pronounced it "biolumiNEEEscence." :WTF:

Bukwas
Advanced Member

January 21st, 2014, 3:53 am #4

Yup, I watched it as well. The whole bioluminawhatchamacallit started a whole new branch of ridiculous speculation..

GuyInIndiana
Advanced Member

January 21st, 2014, 10:03 am #5

... and then people complain that "science" won't take the subject seriously: a large undiscovered, bi-pedal primate roaming North America. And oh yeah, by the way, it has large eyes that self-illuminate.

Go figure.

keilder
Advanced Member

January 21st, 2014, 1:34 pm #6

Most bioluminescence in aquatic situations is used to attrack prey, and their venom deadly if existing, as they only has seconds to catch and eat/digest their food.

Being serious wouldn't this either blind something walking at night or at the most really limit it's night vision? If I could turn my eyes into spotlights at night, wouldn't the light overwhelm my pupil or retina? Plus I'd be kind'a easy to spot also while I swear after bumping into trees.

So, IR (Thats a tall stretch) but IR would need some power to illuminate enough area, we all know how bad gen 1/2 is and the viewable distance.

It is laughable and Mickys right! No wonder most people don't take this serious with self proclaimed experts in the media spouting things like this. It would have been better if he speculated they may have vision 'He' thinks similiar to a domestic cat.

Susan
Advanced Member

January 22nd, 2014, 4:21 am #7

Pic
photo.jpg

Pat
Advanced Member

January 22nd, 2014, 3:44 pm #8

Isn't the cat's eye-shine occurring from the camera flash, because the light is reflecting or bouncing off the eyes? That's why we see eye-shine at night from deer and other animals, because of our headlights or flashlights doing the same thing.

It's something else again to suggest that an animal has eyes that glow or have bio-luminescence, which suggests that they glow from within. That's very different from eye-shine.

Susan
Advanced Member

January 22nd, 2014, 4:43 pm #9

Yes, you're exactly right, Pat. Maggie's eyes are glowing because the flash was set on my phone. Her eyes didn't do that until I took the picture. I only posted it because I had just taken the picture the day before and then Keilder made his comment. ;)

I'm also not sure why the picture loaded facing the wrong way. She cracks me up because she looks like a cow that's been tipped over.

keilder
Advanced Member

January 22nd, 2014, 5:01 pm #10

Man this site is getting screwy for some reasons the last few days to post to...(Youtubes won't work, links won't work)

If you view the image in Windows picture and fax viewer and click one of the icons highlighted in red, the image will be rotated and saved instantly.

I get it with my phone, I don't recall if I have to tilt horitzontal left or horizontal right at times or adjust some landscape or portrait settings.
photo.jpg
cat.jpg