Information: This board is currently read-only.

How I met Bigfoot

Jamie
Advanced Member

January 12th, 2013, 10:16 pm #1

In 84 I was 19 and canoeing around a small lake in B.C. with a couple of teenage Haida boys when some rocks were thrown towards us. It was only half a kilometer from the beach, picnic area so I assumed some teens were tossing them, I announced our presence. A few more rocks were tossed at us so I jumped out and waded to a small out cropping to give them shit for damn near hitting the youngest boy who was in the front. the two boys being haida didn't want me to approach the rock thrower thinking maybe it could possibly be a Sasquatch. But I was sure it was kids fooling around. As I got to the top of the bank I seen what I thought was a man with a tattered red lumber jacket running through the trees on the other side of a small clearing, I yelled hey to him and started after him.I only took a few steps when he came running from the trees towards me, that's when I realized it was long auburn hair I had seen and he was not a man. He charged at me coming to about 10 feet from me growling and snarling and throwing his hands in a manner that suggested I just go away.There were no trees between us I froze could'nt move. He turned and retreated to about 50 or 60 feet into the trees and appeared to vanish. I was curious and dumb founded, I took about 5 or 6 steps to follow him. Well he came out of those trees towards me so flippin fast I turned and run back to where I came ashore luckily for me the boys I was with backed the canoe to where they seen had me go onto the out cropping and were ready to start paddling hard as I pushed off. As I turned and sat backwards I saw his foot was already planted to stop himself from sliding down the bank after me. That's when I realized he didn't bluff charge the second time. I shudder to think what would have happened to me if I had not left as fast as I did. I figure he must have been protecting his family, he was being very territorial for some reason. If I had been hunting I do know I would not have shot him though, he was to human like. I feel they are very remarkable beings beautiful even, in their own way of course. I really want to see an Ontario Sasquatch this summer but at a more respectful distance of course. It really happened.
Haida are Canadian west coast native Indians btw.

Paulw
Advanced Member

January 13th, 2013, 2:31 am #2

Thanks for that Jamie! I used to be much, much more quick to discount reports like t his, but having been "where you are" to a degree, no longer. They can, and will, be aggressive, and yeah, I think in my case(s), it might have had to do with young ones/family. It changes your life, even when in a case such as myself, I already knew they existed, when it happens you still are amazed. By the way...and you can answer in private message if you prefer, but do you think you would be able to recall sounds it made? I have a pretty specific reason for asking. Let me know if you will, either here or in private.

Stacy
Advanced Member

January 13th, 2013, 3:21 am #3

Basically... what Paul said. :) Although I wasn't there during the specific incident he's referring to, I know that they do bluff charge and can, as he said, be somewhat aggressive. I think there's a good chance you're right about it being protective.

Welcome!

Jamie
Advanced Member

January 13th, 2013, 3:48 am #4

Hi Paul
I really dont blame you for discounting reports, its hard to wrap your head around. I swear on my two older brother's grave this is true. He was snarling and growling at me. He was trying to scare me away without giving himself away to the two boys still in the canoe. He wasnt roaring loudly at all as a matter of fact he used arm gestures in a pushing motion to suggest I go away. He was throwing the rocks from the north side of the out cropping and I came at him from the south. Had I stayed in the canoe he would have retreated with out being seen. I surprised him, caught him off guard, as he did me as well. His nose wrinkled as he was baring his teeth at me. I could see his K-9's. I think he was as curious about being as close to me as I was about being to him, but then he turned and left he, disappeared so easily, blended in with the trees so easily.
Please tell me about your experience with them. P.M. if you would rather.

Jamie
Advanced Member

January 13th, 2013, 3:49 am #5

Thank you Stacy

Jamie
Advanced Member

January 13th, 2013, 3:57 am #6

Seeing actual photos and videos of sasquatch lately is what has triggered my memory

keilder
Advanced Member

February 26th, 2013, 4:20 pm #7

I know I should never post this, but okay I'll bite. WHAT actual photos?

Jamie
Advanced Member

February 26th, 2013, 9:38 pm #8

It's quite alright Ted why not ask? Bukwas warned me that you tend to not keep your hands to yourself but he didn't mention that you bit to.
There are quite a few actual videos of them. I was remembering the encounter and reliving it at the time. I was very emotional. I know now what people think of todd standing but it was his photo of the auburn one that really triggered my memory. Hoaxe or not it is very similar to the face I saw that day.Though not exactly the same, I would imagine they look different from each other just as we do. Also it was how he described how they intimidated him into leaving in a certain direction that also brought back memories of the sasquatch giving me one chance to leave on my own.When I made a move towards following him he came after me and chased me right down to the bank. I could've hit his foot with the canoe paddle. As a matter of fact I'm still having details coming back clearer all the time. I can talk about it now with out my heart starting to pound and hyperventilating.
I've had other repressed memories come back for no other reason than I was ready to deal with the emotional turmoil that I guess I couldn't handle at the time.

keilder
Advanced Member

February 27th, 2013, 9:14 am #9

I speaking for myself don't despise Todd Standing in the slightest as I don't know enough about the guy to feel that way. What I have read and seen though, I do however think he's full of it.

Am I dismissing your claim? Not in the slighest!

Most artist renditions (some better than others) all seem to follow a theme, large, wide shoulders, covered in hair, low brow, wide nose etc.,

I think if you ask any artist or suite maker to draw or create what they perceive to be a sasquatch, most will come up with something similiar. It's just based on the reports over the years, what is available on the internet and is somewhat ubiquitous these days (a fixed form) we all seem to associate with a sasquatch.

That's where I beleive the problem lies for anybody who wishes to create a story, or anything else or talk about their sightings! The information is too readily available...This then also swings the otherway for sceptics looking at said stories etc, it's all a catch 22 situation.

I guess the bottom line is, if you're happy and comfortable talking about a sighting, have a thick skin and it makes you feel better by getting it off your chest.....go for it. :okay:

I was the reverse of Paul, as I used to like reading reports back in the day and liked to keep an open mind but always applied common sense. However, as the years rolled by some of the more interesting stories that caught me fell apart, I became more and more sceptical, to the point, I just don't believe anything I read or see outside of these walls.

EDIT: What I've been toying with these last few months, is drawing a line pre PGF and going back into history and gathering all past stories. Why? due to the lack of communication back then the typical form we associate wasn't known! Though I do accept fully that some of the old timers would just make up stories to pass the long hours round camp, on trail. But I still feel strongly the past may hold more answers pre PGF than what is available these days.

Find a report 1800's so to speak California and one 1800's Labrador within the same time period ect., and keep on that way looking.

Stacy
Advanced Member

February 27th, 2013, 2:43 pm #10

Ted wrote: EDIT: What I've been toying with these last few months, is drawing a line pre PGF and going back into history and gathering all past stories. Why? due to the lack of communication back then the typical form we associate wasn't known! Though I do accept fully that some of the old timers would just make up stories to pass the long hours round camp, on trail. But I still feel strongly the past may hold more answers pre PGF than what is available these days.

Find a report 1800's so to speak California and one 1800's Labrador within the same time period ect., and keep on that way looking.
Here's the good news: The work's been done for you! I don't know if you saw it, but a couple of weeks ago there was a bit on here about Scott McClean dying. He was known as Tirademan on the old BFF and found a tremendous number of old newspaper articles talking about sightings. OLD articles, like what you're talking about. He used to post whatever he found there, but of course you can't go back and see those now....

BUT, I Googled him to see if there was anyplace he may have put them, in one spot, and here's what I found:

http://www.mcclean.org/