Information: This board is currently read-only.

Hello...

SandMan

7:37 PM - Dec 19, 2013 #1

So... how does one get started here? I didn't see any new member threads... just curious. BTW I am from the great state of Louisiana.

Stacy
Advanced Member

8:59 PM - Dec 19, 2013 #2

Hello, and welcome! You just got started. :) I guess we don't really have a new member thread... this forum (BFD Part 2) was kind of hastily thrown together after problems with our old one. Louisiana, bet you're a lot warmer down there than we are up here in Michigan! :)

Just Curious
Advanced Member

12:27 AM - Dec 20, 2013 #3

Welcome Sandman! There is a New Member Welcome thread, but it's buried deep under the Cocktails Under the Cabana.

So, are you new to bigfoot, or just this forum? Most everyone I've ever known from Louisiana is good people.

SandMan

6:58 PM - Dec 21, 2013 #4

Stacy wrote:Hello, and welcome! You just got started. :) I guess we don't really have a new member thread... this forum (BFD Part 2) was kind of hastily thrown together after problems with our old one. Louisiana, bet you're a lot warmer down there than we are up here in Michigan! :)
Thanks. Yes, this year we are in the 50s on average for daytime highs and 30s-40s for lows. We get a day or two each week where the temps get up to the mid 60s before another front comes through and then the cycle continues.

SandMan

7:22 PM - Dec 21, 2013 #5

Just Curious wrote:Welcome Sandman! There is a New Member Welcome thread, but it's buried deep under the Cocktails Under the Cabana.

So, are you new to bigfoot, or just this forum? Most everyone I've ever known from Louisiana is good people.
Hi there. I have always been on the fence on the BF issue but leaned towards the "possible" side. Honestly, so many people pull hoaxes that it makes any real accounts seem way less credible. Just my opinion. But, I am a lifelong outdoorsman and hunter and lived in Louisiana for all of my 40 something years and over the years have seen things that people say don't exist here, like panther, bobcat, bears etc. (which of coarse they now know do) But, I have never seen a bigfoot however I have had some strange experiences with things "following" us on hunts (just heavy footsteps) and the typical creepy "being watched" feeling and even the tree shaking so I know something is out there. Just what I can't say.

I am ex-military and trained in tracking and many other tactics so I have some first hand experience gathering intelligence in many types of scenarios. I have been deployed to many regions "hunting bad-guys down" so I know how it's done. Now that I am older and have the money I have a few "gadgets" of my own like thermal scopes, good quality night vision optics, etc. and have even seen odd heat trails and large heat signatures on cold days so I lean towards the side of "maybe something is out there" but still in my many years of being in the woods and swamps I have found no hard evidence, still I believe that it's possible.

I have know a few locals that have claimed to have seen a creature of some sort but thy never have hard proof of it. You would think with all the game cameras that someone would have some good footage. Then again, when someone gets grainy or blurry footage people say "why is the image so poor, it must be a hoax" yet if they get crystal clear footage people call still call it a hoax because "the image is so clear" so I think it's a loose loose situation.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have a few creepy stories I will share when I have more time if anyone is interested.

Markus Rexon

10:12 PM - Dec 21, 2013 #6

Welcome to the Forums, Sandman! I hope you have a good time here. ;)

Stacy
Advanced Member

3:42 AM - Dec 22, 2013 #7

I would love to hear your creepy stories!

SandMan

9:24 PM - Dec 23, 2013 #8

Markus Rexon wrote:Welcome to the Forums, Sandman! I hope you have a good time here. ;)
Thanks.

SandMan

9:26 PM - Dec 23, 2013 #9

Stacy wrote:I would love to hear your creepy stories!
Well, they are not really all that creepy really, but I will tell a few once I get some free time.

Markus Rexon

9:34 PM - Dec 23, 2013 #10

SandMan wrote:
Stacy wrote:I would love to hear your creepy stories!
Well, they are not really all that creepy really, but I will tell a few once I get some free time.
Can't wait to hear them. Really! I've always liked a nice Bigfoot story. :D