Information: This board is currently read-only.

Did I hear Bigfoot?

Markus Rexon

December 20th, 2013, 12:29 am #1

I've never seen Bigfoot before, bit I THINK that I might have heard some Bigfoot calls once. It was a few years ago, but I still remember the important details about that day. It happened like this: I was walking through some woods with my friends when I saw a path that I wanted to explore. But none of my other friends want to, so I went down that trail alone, just for a quick look. I told my friends that I would catch up with them later. After walking down the path for about two minutes, I stopped to take a break. But just as I was about to get up, I heard a noise: to my right, there was a noise sounded like a weird scream that sounded like it was about two or three miles off. I stood dead still and waited; after stand there for a few seconds, I heard another scream that came from in front of me that sounded several miles off. Then silence. I stood still after the screams for about five minutes. Then I ran as fast as I could back to my friends. I told them about it, but they said that they hadn't heard the noise. Later, I looked up recordings of Bigfoot calls, and the audio clip that I listened to of a Bigfoot call (or scream) sounded allot like that sound that I heard in the woods. Though, I've heard that creatures like Wildcats scream pretty shrill too, but I've never heard one scream like that. Was it Bigfoot? I'll never be completly sure...

Just Curious
Advanced Member

December 20th, 2013, 1:09 am #2

What state were you in when this happened? Did it sound like anything on this site: Michigan Recording Project

Markus Rexon

December 20th, 2013, 6:59 am #3

Just Curious wrote:What state were you in when this happened? Did it sound like anything on this site: Michigan Recording Project
For your first question, I live in Washington sate, the place that boasts the highest rate of Bigfoot sightings on earth. And I live just a few hours away from the Olympic Peninsula, and there are several Bigfoot sightings there every year. So, you might say that I live in just the right place to be a Bigfoot researcher. ^_^
To your second question: I wasn't able to actually find the audio file(s) on that site. How do you find or play them?

Just Curious
Advanced Member

December 21st, 2013, 2:56 am #4

In the top left hand corner of the website, click on "Recordings Portal" and that should get you to where you can listen to individual files by date.

Markus Rexon

December 21st, 2013, 10:11 pm #5

Alright, I heard them now. The one that sounded the most like the one I heard was in the August 2/3, 2008 page, recording #8. It sounded almost the same, except that the one I heard sounded more like a scream than a howl.

SandMan

January 10th, 2014, 12:03 am #6

I grew up (over 40 years ago) roaming the woods and swamps of Louisiana so I am no stranger to "hearing things" myself. Many time I have heard creepy calls and such. As I got older and became a more seasoned woodsman I started to learn how to track game and identify animals by sound as well, but I still remember times when I heard things that I had never heard before. Once when I was in my mid teens We heard something deep in a wooded area that spooked the horses and made the hair on the back of our necks stand on end. The forest was so dense that the horses tried to bold but really could not do so. We got the horses quieted down but we had the feeling of being watched. That was my first creepy deep-woods experience. I have no clue what it was. But living here is Louisiana I had many more creepy experiences over the years. I have never seen anything other than shadows and movements in the brush.