Information: This board is currently read-only.

bigfoot conference in ohio

Gus

April 30th, 2015, 3:42 am #1

It's coming may 15th weekend if anyone is interested. I'm already planning for the trip, should be fun. Robert Gimlin will be there.

Stacy
Advanced Member

April 30th, 2015, 2:20 pm #2

Gus, if you haven't gotten tickets already you might want to check before you make the trip--I know they have limited space and only sell a set number of tickets...wouldn't want to make the trip then find out you couldn't get in. ;)

Where are you traveling from?

We've been a couple of times, first time in 2004 and the second in (I think) 2006. My biggest reason for going was to meet people I 'knew' from the old bigfoot forums, and that part was always fun. There are always some speakers I'd like to hear and some who are hard to sit through lol...maybe one of these years we'll get back. I was hoping Cliff Barackman would be there this year but he told me that he had scheduling conflicts with FB. Dang it!

Gus

May 4th, 2015, 4:54 pm #3

I'm coming about 4 hours in from Indiana. I actually already contacted them and they let me purchase overflow tickets through paypal so I should be covered.

Stacy
Advanced Member

May 5th, 2015, 2:03 am #4

Oh, good! Have fun!

Gus

May 6th, 2015, 11:56 am #5

7 days till the event. Surprised I'm not hearing of anyone else here going.

Stacy
Advanced Member

May 6th, 2015, 2:12 pm #6

Well, we're pretty small and not real busy here lol... probably 3/4's of the actual discussion is social and non-bigfoot related at this point. :lol: Most of us entered "been there, done that" mode a long time ago regarding specific topics, and things like conferences. But like I said, with the right line-up, I wouldn't mind doing Ohio again sometime, but even for us it's a 5-hour drive. If you're involved in other forums or Facebook pages, I bet there people going that you're familiar with!

Gus

May 26th, 2015, 11:53 pm #7

Got it autographed like I wanted.

Susan
Advanced Member

May 29th, 2015, 6:12 pm #8

How was the conference, Gus? Tell us about it! B)

Gus

June 1st, 2015, 4:13 am #9

Much of the weekend was ruined by the storms but it was generally perceived that all had a good time meeting eachother. The park is enormous and was a lot of fun to navigate.
Bob Gimlin was a character for sure. I had read that he did not like to answer probing questions about his experience, especially those that could discredit his sighting. That part held true because those who asked about Heironimus and other types of questions were hammered back and dismissed one way or another.
I attempted to read the guys patterns and it was fascinating; he was either telling the truth, or had told a lie for so long that it had become second nature for him. I personally don't care either way because the whole story is a fascination to me whether fact or faked.

Gus

June 1st, 2015, 4:17 am #10

I will say that it was awesome to see some low budget movie premiers as well.

My personal opinion is that this group could be a bit more organized but I don't think I will hesitate to go again next season. I may sneak in some fishing while there too. :thumbs: