Information: This board is currently read-only.

Art and Big Bill, Read, Think, Stew

GuyInIndiana
Advanced Member

June 2nd, 2012, 12:58 am #1

http://thebigfooteryenquirer.wordpress. ... hink-stew/
wrote: Art and Big Bill, Read, Think, Stew
June 1, 2012 by thebigfooteryenquirer

My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure. - Abraham Lincoln
Ten score (which is generous) and two hours late, Creature Weekend ended in a whimper, conceived in ego and inexperience and dedicated to the proposition that greed is good.
Now we are engaged in a debate of failure, testing whether that event, or any event so conceived, can long endure.
The world will little note, nor long remember [what] we say here, but it can never forget [what] you did there.
Our thanks to Honest Abe.
Spin as you like, it stunk and the only people thinking otherwise are the few worshipful drones, and some of those peeps were even grousing behind your backs. Admitting failure is the first step to recovery. You gotta own it, dudes. You took an event that consistently turned a profit and filled a chair packed room and turned it into – be honest, you know [what] you turned it into. Whether you are an organizer or a vendor, not covering costs is not exactly fun.
Our observations and predictions were bull’s-eyes - it was a performance that met and exceeded our expectations for bigstinkery. Thanks for giving us a new word for the BFE vocabulary and then giving us a tangible example, a picture so to speak, for the dictionary entry.
One loss is good for the soul, Too many losses is not good for the coach. Knute Rockne

Edited to add: The word "what" has had brackets [] placed around it because the word when used in a sentence makes the little "head scratchy" icon appear like this: what

Stacy
Advanced Member

June 2nd, 2012, 1:30 am #2

What's "Creature Weekend?" Where was it?

[edit] And, who are Art and Big Bill?

keilder
Advanced Member

June 2nd, 2012, 4:59 am #3

I think this is the hoopla surrounding the new Ohio conference ran by she who must not be named as they posted fictitious names etc., who were running it prior. Charging $3 for signatures, charging to download the conference videos and more. Basically, a money making attempt and 'Yes' she who must not be named, discussed 'That Photo'. Surprise surprise.

Creature Weekend

linked to this one as well I think.

Bigfoot expo. Watch at 1.29 Jeeezzu thats nasty...

I got the above by doing just a little surfing and reading! Please verify.

EDIT: Actually its already covered here

BFD Board link

Stacy
Advanced Member

June 2nd, 2012, 1:13 pm #4

Ohhhhh... LOL.... OK. I'm gonna click on any of that, but thanks! I'm so out of the loop with the bullshit. :lol

keilder
Advanced Member

June 2nd, 2012, 4:00 pm #5

Oh I hear you believe me. I am so close to throwing in the towel on all of this (not just BF but other crap I'm reading) but I'll admit, it helps me un wind, and at present I can annoy the shit out of people over at ahem!!!! its like dangling a piece of string infront of a kitten at times, its so easy and really fun at times.

Beats the hell out of my 78 grandmother asking for advice on cross stitches. :biggrin

And I like coming back here as I think you guys are cool and are at least god damn normal.

Honestly what I am seeing of late...BF is done on the interent totally, any group like you guys do 'with any sense' will stay low and do what you do and 'NOT' go self promoting yadda yadda (its a free for all at present) if it was me and I was serious, I'd close it all down and create a closed web enviroment for communication, confidential client reports and more. Looks like Web 3.0 is finally taken shape.

Web 1 was the old BBS days....
Web 2 is where we are at present
Web 3 is a multimedia play ground with no structure at all......(I covered it in the Degree course I just done, well first year of it anyway!)

God I long for 30 years ago.......

EDIT...please change the w hat!!!

Stacy
Advanced Member

June 2nd, 2012, 4:15 pm #6

keilder wrote:...if it was me and I was serious, I'd close it all down and create a closed web enviroment for communication, confidential client reports and more.
Oh, we (our little group who researches together) have had that for several years... just us, where we post outing plans, ideas, field notes, outside reports we get, stuff like that. This forum's more for the fun of the good, real people keeping in touch with the friends we've all made over the years... the whole BF thing is obviously very secondary here. :lol

jron
Advanced Member

June 2nd, 2012, 5:22 pm #7

Stacy wrote:What's "Creature Weekend?" Where was it?

[edit] And, who are Art and Big Bill?
It was in Ohio, run by Billy Willard, who for some reason was going by "Art Vandelay" for funding the conference. Apparently Enquirer guy didnt have a good time.

It had a loose connection with the CHangandagua NY Expo, also involving Willard and the Hovey.

Jim Flowers
Advanced Member

June 3rd, 2012, 2:15 am #8

So basically he's not even original enough to come up with an original fake name. He had to steal one from George Costanza? :$

Susan
Advanced Member

June 3rd, 2012, 5:39 am #9

LMAO, Keilder!!! :lol

keilder
Advanced Member

June 3rd, 2012, 9:14 am #10

... the whole BF thing is obviously very secondary here. :lol

I kind of figured that Stacy. Thats why I like it hear, just a bit of fun, and pleased to help Susan.

Right off to take some more footage with my toaster ;)