Information: This board is currently read-only.

Another Cogent Post Regarding Hovey’s Failed Suit

GuyInIndiana
Advanced Member

August 18th, 2013, 3:12 pm #1

http://thebigfooteryenquirer.wordpress. ... iled-suit/
wrote:

Another Cogent Post Regarding Hovey’s Failed Suit
August 9, 2013 by thebigfooteryenquirer

It can be read by clicking here. http://bigfootcrossroads.blogspot.com/2 ... troom.html

We hope reader’s do not fall for the spin, swerve and damage control feverishly under way. This is not about is it a real picture or not? And it’s certainly not about the question of if bigfoot is real, or is it someone’s suit?

For those that ask how the collective staff is doing, we had a good virtual meeting last night.

Is it fun to have people painting us with a broad brush, emotion filled, hot button word like racist? No. It’s offensive. If they only knew. It is especially offensive given that one of the persons cyberbullying us said, “Now, some of his close friends have joked with him about his close resemblance in appearance to Kim Jong…” and then mutter we are racist.

Is it a ball of fun to be the target of political hate speech? Ehhh, who really cares. It reflects more poorly upon the person spewing it.

Is it fun to be threatened like:

“Are you afraid of me? You should be!”

“Go ahead, reveal yourselves cowards, I would love to have a run in with you someday at a conference. It would be an honor!”

We won’t even get into a comment that was left.

Not much, but it is very offensive to see someone bullying people over the first amendment. Some of us fought for it, and most everyone has fathers, mothers and forefathers who sacrificed greatly to defend those rights.

Does it feel good to have this blog reduced to simply a money-making proposition? Not as bad as the other stuff but it is still offensive. Facts are, we make no money, the ads appear from WordPress in exchange for our ability to store content and use their great software. It is a fair proposition that makes us nothing and costs us time.

The other deflections of what our agenda is are simply the usual spins when someone points out a misbehavior, they are stock in trade of some of these bigfooters, seen it many times before. If we wanted to have spent the time, we could have predicted most of this, and we could pick apart the arguments. But ultimately it is all deflection in the hope of this going away, who knows it may work. Who knows, we’re pretty split on how we proceed.

We will offer two predictions, we are thinking a book will be written like 50 Large, and it can be parlayed into paying back the lawyer and perhaps a few conference gigs. Also, this post will be panned in an attempt to further deflect the failed litigation and all of the issues that surround it, the old if I can make it about them instead of me swerve.

In the days ahead further spins will develop, and she and friends always have the fogging of memories over time and churn to sweep this away. Some will remember, many of the long timers have seen this before and it simply confirmed their conclusions, and some will buy the spin. And that is ok, it’s bigfootery after all. Will she go away? Oh heck no, this video sums it well.

http://youtu.be/6g2JN2PrHJg

Paulw
Advanced Member

August 18th, 2013, 6:09 pm #2

I wish I knew who did that blog...best one out there.

Stacy
Advanced Member

August 18th, 2013, 7:19 pm #3

I've always had a few suspicions, although of the three I had in mind, one has died, and one isn't around anymore. I've added another suspect to the list though, after reading this post. ;)

keilder
Advanced Member

August 21st, 2013, 9:56 pm #4

Look on the bright side, she must be mid 40's give or take, god willing she'll be dead in another 20-30 years or she could be hit by a car a lot earlier (which I would never want to happen, as that's just terrible to think such a thing. But these things do happen) :D

Did you miss me?

Bukwas
Advanced Member

September 1st, 2013, 12:26 am #5

keilder wrote:Look on the bright side, she must be mid 40's give or take, god willing she'll be dead in another 20-30 years or she could be hit by a car a lot earlier (which I would never want to happen, as that's just terrible to think such a thing. But these things do happen) :D

Did you miss me?
Always!