My message board system

slayer766
BB Zeta

January 11th, 2009, 1:54 pm #1

Alright, since I'm literally writing my own message board system(Fortnet Message Boards, thanks to Helena for the name XD), I'm wondering what you all would think are features that you normally would ask for that other forum software's currently don't offer. I have a list already and if there is something cool that isn't there already, please add to it. :)

Current list of features
  • Users Online
  • Multi-Quote
  • Find all posts by user
  • Find all topics by user
  • Unread posts since last visit
  • Online/Offline
  • PM entire user groups
  • Quick links
  • Profile Fields
  • Delete post
  • Close poll, not topic
  • User's current location on the board
No Live Preview as of yet

OLD screen shot previews removed...
Mike is my coding brother.

slayer766
BB Zeta

January 12th, 2009, 6:50 pm #2

Delete post is completed, same with edit post(Though you can't edit/delete original first topic post yet) and I just wrote in a topic pagination a few seconds ago.

Itachi69
BB Kappa

January 13th, 2009, 1:23 am #3

HA! My ava is in there.xDD

Anywho,I didn't now you were making your own message board man.That's pretty tight.At the moment the only thing I can think of for an inbuilt feature would be a money code with a donation feature and an Inventory in your post details where members can check other members items.

That might be impossable as I don't know if you can code stuff like that yet,but I know for a fact that there's hundreds of people here on IF/ZB looking for just that feature in a message board and probably on alot of other forum softwares also.So even though it might take ake you along time I'm pretty sure it would def. be worth it in the end when it starts drawing in thousands of members within a couple months.=P

Just my 2 cents though......

slayer766
BB Zeta

January 13th, 2009, 2:54 am #4

You know that would only take me a couple minutes... :lol: I have access to everything, since I wrote it. XD

Itachi69
BB Kappa

January 13th, 2009, 2:58 am #5

o_0 really? Well then god sir,You've already caught my attention with your upcoming software.xD

Now if you could only do something like for ZB until yours comes out.LOL

Anywho,good luck with this project man.I can't wait too see thefinished result as I'm sure it will be great.I remember way back when Devueax was making his own software and kept the hype up for it for the longest time...and then he decided not to do it and just dropped the project,made me sad.xD

slayer766
BB Zeta

January 13th, 2009, 4:09 am #6

Yes really. XD Glad I caught your attention, seeing as that's my intention for everyone. :P

Yeah I don't plan on dropping mine. :O Just when I get going on the RPG I'm not going to be working on it that much.

Also just wrote up a users online code, NOT a users online today code but who are actually viewing the forum. :)

EDIT: HA! Just wrote up a users online in the past 24 hours code!

slayer766
BB Zeta

January 15th, 2009, 6:31 pm #7

*cough* Added a live preview to the first post. :)

slayer766
BB Zeta

January 21st, 2009, 11:54 pm #8

Damn, was hopin' some people would give some feedback besides Itachi. :O

Mike
BB Iota

January 22nd, 2009, 12:25 am #9

Weird... I thought I had signed up there before. Looks real amazing man, especially since I know you only recently learned php lol. Makes me want to try something like it myself (not enough time to do by myself though). You could start up a rival service to ZN once it's done ;) I'll be keeping an eye on this :)

Itachi69:
Nothing is impossible. Sometimes impractical true, but never undoable :P

Cory: "Mwr is right." - HelenaZF: "Mike is right"
^ All will realize soon enough ;)]

slayer766
BB Zeta

January 22nd, 2009, 3:33 am #10

You probably did and I dumped all the DB tables...it was required.

:) ZN is way to advanced for me, it will take me years to get that good, and I've only been doing this a week.