expanding size

.Josh
BB Beta

November 24th, 2009, 5:10 pm #1

Board URL: n/a
What browser(s) are you using? google chrome
Your Issue/Question: Right, I currently had an award system on my board but I had to get rid of it because I had no more charchater space on my board template. Is there any way of getting a bigger size, where it will allow more charchater space? or a better award system that don't take up alot of space???

HelenaZF
BB Kappa

November 24th, 2009, 5:57 pm #2

You can have virtually unlimited wrapper space by hosting your codes.

See this documentation:

http://bigboardsresources.com/pages/689587/
Visit the Planet Nexus page!

Download some of my graphic sets HERE

.Josh
BB Beta

November 24th, 2009, 11:27 pm #3

Say's I don't have permission mate..

HelenaZF
BB Kappa

November 25th, 2009, 12:00 am #4

oops..sorry wrong link....fixed now. :) :hzf:

.Josh
BB Beta

November 25th, 2009, 1:51 am #5

Does this work for Zetaboards aswel? because it only says InvisionFree. Plus can you tell me what this code actually does? and how to use it

HelenaZF
BB Kappa

November 25th, 2009, 1:55 am #6

It's not a code..it's a way to compact the information in your board wrappers, and yes...if the code works in ZB the hosted code will also work in ZB.

Follow the instructions in the doc, which is basically to save a file to your hard drive and then upload it to your board. The difference between IF and ZB boards is that you can upload a .js file on ZB boards, so you can just copy the link directly from the upload display in the post rather than have to go to the ACP file manager for it.

Put the hosted URL in the javascript format given and place that snippet in your board wrappers in the same place the orginal code was installed.

.Josh
BB Beta

November 25th, 2009, 3:24 pm #7

Aaaaa!! seems very confusing :S

HelenaZF
BB Kappa

November 25th, 2009, 4:58 pm #8

If you would like to post the code in question, we can host it for you.

.Josh
BB Beta

November 25th, 2009, 8:50 pm #9

What stuff do I need to post, has it got to be all of the template codes? or just the award system code?

HelenaZF
BB Kappa

November 25th, 2009, 9:17 pm #10

depends on what you want to do. We can host all the codes that go in the same section in one upload. That's the best way, because hosting them separately is like getting things out of the refrigerator. You can open the door once and get mulitple items, or you can open and close the door once for each item. It's more efficient to host them in a group. It's also more efficient for loading, because browsers will cache the remotely hosted codes rather than having to load them each time a user refreshes your page.

However sometimes you have a code that you are editting all the time. You might what to host that code on it's own. Like your awards code. So you might want to host that separately. Its up to you.

Once we host it for you, it is not forever beyond your control You can always access the upload file, edit it and upload it yourself and replace it in the code. Sometimes it helps though, to get you started so you can see how it is done. :)