Total votes: 41
20(49%)
17(41%)
4(10%)

Do you believe in god. no offense I don't. He just doesn't seem real... :drool:

Midnight Umbreon
BB Alpha

October 12th, 2007, 9:24 pm #2

Perhaps you should have have put the part about, 'he isn't no such thing and is stupid'.
That's a flame ware just asking to start. If you can just edit it to say Yes and No. It might be better.
I don't believe in God. Personally, if there is a God and he wanted me to believe in him, I would because he's supposedly all powerful. No, I won't convert to Christianity. And I already know from many, many people that I apparently don't have enough 'faith'. In the bible, it says in many places that if you ask, you will recieve and 'pray for anything in my name and it will be given to you.' I was once a Christian and prayed for answers many times. In the three years that I prayed, I did not once get an answer.
~Midnight Umbreon
The Midnight Umbreon
Click the link to see my Pokemon fan site. In completion, it will have guides, reviews, etc, and the world's most realistic Pokemon RPG.
Join today!

Mike
BB Iota

November 1st, 2007, 3:58 am #3

Midnight Umbreon wrote: I don't believe in God. Personally, if there is a God and he wanted me to believe in him, I would because he's supposedly all powerful. No, I won't convert to Christianity. And I already know from many, many people that I apparently don't have enough 'faith'. In the bible, it says in many places that if you ask, you will recieve and 'pray for anything in my name and it will be given to you.' I was once a Christian and prayed for answers many times. In the three years that I prayed, I did not once get an answer.
Answers aren't always straightforward and immediate. I know you may have heard that before, but I've personally experienced it. For 3 years of my life I felt so alone and depressed, and I prayed every night about it and yet nothing seemed to happen. But I continued to have faith, and about a year ago I got to know the person who is now my best friend, who went through much of the same experiences as me. Had it not been for those 3 years, I never would have gotten to know them. Had that happened, they told me they had already thought about running away and even suicide, and admitted they might not be alive today had it not been for me. Things make more sense from the top down rather than our limited perspectives. Those years I spent alone actually helped me become a better and stronger person, and at the risk of losing my friend, I would not give them up for anything. I don't expect to convince you with that example, but I am here to say I flat out disagree.

As for the verse you spoke of, you're only looking at the parts that you want, not at what it's really telling us. It doesn't say if you ask for something you will get it; it says ask for anything in his name and you shall receive it. Basically, asking in the name of selfishness and greed and for other means will get you nothing.

The final problem I see with your experience is that you claim to have been a Christian, but don't believe anymore. Thats hypocritical. One cannot truthfully know him, and then decide he isn't real. That would be like me deciding I don't like my brother anymore, and denying his existence because of it. You can decide not to follow him anymore, but from what you've told me, it seems as though you never truly knew him to begin with. You can't ask for something in his name, unless you truly know his name. :(

I think it's pretty self explanatory that I am indeed a Christian. This post is not meant to offend or insult anyone, but is merely explains my views on the subject you brought up. After all, this is the debate forum.

Cory: "Mwr is right." - HelenaZF: "Mike is right"
^ All will realize soon enough ;)]

Deleted User
Deleted User

November 3rd, 2007, 4:11 am #4

Actaully, I don't! .

Jenny
BB Alpha

November 3rd, 2007, 4:40 am #5

I actually do believe in God. :) I'm a Christian and believe in the Bible. ^_^

Spyder
BB Alpha

November 5th, 2007, 5:10 am #6

YES! A resounding YES! There is a God, creator of all things. He is my Father. He is the only reason I am here today. I have tried to end my life but God wouldn't have any of it. He still had a purpose for me. They told me many years ago that I would not be able to carry a child and on top of that the chances of me getting pregnant was slim. I did have a few miscarriages, so, I knew they were wrong on that. I always had a hope/desire to have a child. My wishes for my life when I was a girl was that I would marry someone who loved me, have children, and take care of our home. That was it. Seems simple, huh? Noooooooo, I am a slow learner on things. I had to take the hard road in my choices. Most times I felt I was making the right choice but a lot of the time I knew it was wrong and I did it anyway. God knew my desires. I prayed for them for years. Starting when I was a girl and living in an physically and emotionally abusive home to the day He answered my prayers, somewhere like 21 years later. You just can't give up. He knows when the time is right. He knows what His plan for you is. Sometimes He allows pain to enter our lives so that we can grow and become stronger. Sometimes it is so that you can become a witness to others through your stories. Or just so you have empathy for others coming through the pain. God did answer my prayers, in February of 1991 God introduced me to who would soon be my husband. I came through some very awful marriages, being beat, knives pulled on me, etc. so I was a little gun shy, if you know what I mean. But this man was great. I finally knew what it was to be loved by a special man, other than God of course, lol. Later that year the next answer to my prayer occurred. I was pregnant, and I was going to carry it! I'd say I carried it, lol, Clay weighed 10lbs. 15oz. when he was born. Yes God is real and yes God answers prayers. He just might not answer them in the time-line that you expect. I am very proud to proclaim that I am a Child of the King. A Christian. It is wonderful. God bless you all.

Spyder

Todd
BB Beta

November 10th, 2007, 1:12 am #7

Jesus Christ is a friend for all who are lonely, discouraged, depressed, confused and in need of a kind word, a dose of mercy and a loving embrace! He can consume your life with joy and peace even if circumstances are not all rainbows and butterflies. Jesus is a friend that will never let you down and never abandon you. This is my belief!

godkillah
BB Gamma

November 18th, 2007, 5:20 pm #8

i do not believe in a god,
no offense but i think god is just made up to get answers for that what we do not know,
*** 250 MB of disk space
*** 100 GB of data transfer
*** PHP and MySQL support with no restrictions
*** cPanel control panel
*** Absolutely no advertising!

Join us now: http://www.000webhost.com

Baldy
BB Beta

December 11th, 2007, 11:20 pm #9

RR Jenny wrote: I actually do believe in God. :) I'm a Christian and believe in the Bible. ^_^
the bible being a book of fables that have been written and edited by men that wanted to keep their jobs and positions of power and wealth you mean that bible? The one that has more taken out than is allowed to stay in? I trust Grims fairy tales as closer to the truth.
Answers are easy, Asking the right question is the hard part.
Baldy's Paradox

Chireru
BB Delta

December 11th, 2007, 11:36 pm #10

I partially agree with Baldy
I do beleive in god
but not in the Bible
as men throughout history have edited it to keep in power
that's why I find so much fault in it
as I do in every single other religion
but, there are also truths
I beleive in God, but not the 3 ones (the being, the son, and the spirit)
but, I do beleive that each "prophet" has had a little insight to god
and that with each new prophet, god sends us a little more truth
it is up to us to find it
one of the parts of chrisianity that I do beleive in, would have to be Adam and Eve

well, I could sit here for hours explaining MY strange religion (that I kinda peiced together)
but nobody would read it

but, I do have something to say
those who say that there is no god because there is no proof
how do you know that everything that we know isn't a lie?
it is possible that all of science, no, it WILL happen, will be disproven and all that we know will come crashing down
after all, they can't see an atom, but they can see a rock on a planet even smaller than an atom (because it's so far away from earth)
I DOUBT THAT
and they can't see atoms like I said above (that we can't see it clearly), but yet they can see the PROTONS and ELECTRONS
I DOUBT THAT

so, yeah, I find many more faults in my beleifs in science than I do in religion