Use PERMUTATIONS to maximize free rebids!!!

Moderators: KeenWink, tilepusher, readymade

verkuilb

07 Mar 2006, 16:53 #11

broon97, after a failed bid, you are given a screen which informs you that you can rebid immediately if you change one of your criteria--be it adding a zone, or reducing your acceptable star level. For every other bid using permutations, you can use this. But for the other bids, you need to start with a brand new bid. To do so, you need to get out of that bid by getting to main Priceline screen--the one that appears when you first go to Priceline. One way to do this is to go to the "keys and luggage" image on the top of this screen, and then go to the webpage listed in that text (aka the "A/B Link", even though technically it's not a link, but a site you need to copy-and-paste).

Another option is to simply use your "back" button repeatedly to get out of that bid. You don't even need to go all the way out to the main screen if you do it this way--just get to the page where you can select the zones on which you wish to bid. (This is the screen that is one screen prior to the star-level selection page. In most larger metro areas, it's the screen with the map showing the locations of the various zones.)

I hope that helps! Good luck!

--Bill

srikanthps

02 May 2006, 05:14 #12

I just signed up on BFT - this is an outstanding post. Great job and thanks for sharing

Doss

04 May 2006, 21:38 #13

Thanks

sunangel719

20 May 2006, 15:35 #14

I've always used this method to get the price I wanted in a zone that didn't allow me to do that. I first read the post with the example as A+B+C, yours is much easier to understand and follow when you place your first bid as X. Again people, you can get screwed up in this if you don't fully understand the process, be careful here. The first time I tried it, I some how got sideways and lost out on a letter or two I could rebid with (never was good in math!). For those of us that are researchers and want to do whatever it takes to get a price, this is great! For all of you that just want a good price, but you are not willing to spend the time, use the traditional method of bidding. But in either case, if you haven't bid through BFT at least a couple times, do it a few times before you try this. With both methods you come out on top! And don't forget where you heard this info...use the AB link for these folks. Good luck everyone and thank you for posting this again, I do reference it.

ceb7369

15 Jul 2006, 07:24 #15

I apologize if this has been explained elsewhere, but I've done a search and this post was the closest I could come to an explanation of the A/B link, but.. I'm on the Try Again Right Now screen, and I don't see a little logo on top that looks like "keys & luggage." In fact I don't see any logos, just a menu that has something called "pricebreakers" listed along with the usual flight, hotel etc. Is this it or am I in the wrong place? Please help me understand this part of the smart use of PL system. Thanks!

GeoNit

15 Jul 2006, 14:03 #16

Ceb7369, read both of my posts on the following thread:

p070.ezboard.com/fpriceli...4020.topic

Pay particular attention to the paragraph in my first post beginning "Start your bidding......"

verkuilb

21 Jul 2006, 15:00 #17

ceb7369, the "keys and luggage" logo isn't on the Priceline site. It's on THIS site, at the top of this very page. Look for the picture of the keys, luggage, and hotel door--it's between the pictures of the plane circling the world and the car--and click on it. That will explain how to get to the Priceline page.

Or, if you're already on Priceline (via that link), you can either click the Priceline logo in the upper left to return to their main page, or just use your back button to get back to the zone selection screen.

whidbeyone

22 Aug 2006, 05:27 #18

This thread or at least the first post needs to be stickied so we don't have to add a post every week or two to keep this in view so it doesn't get lost. It's too valuable for that to happen.

Colfax30

22 Aug 2006, 05:36 #19

whidbeyone,

I agree this post from verkuilb deserves to be thumbtacked, probably in the "Bidding Tips" section.

I'm not sure anyone is around who can thumbtack though.

verkuilb

22 Aug 2006, 14:25 #20

whidbeyone and Colfax30, actually, in an indirect way, it is thumbtacked--Just not in the "Member Announcements" section. There's a link to it contained in the Hotel FAQ, inside the "Advanced Free Rebidding for Experienced Hotel Bidders" post.

Seeing that I suspect that that's how most people are reaching it, I personally think that is probably sufficient. But if a moderator does happen to see this recent thread and sticky it in the "Member Announcements" section as well, I definitely won't complain.

--Bill