Express Deals

Moderators: KeenWink, tilepusher, readymade

Relayer

06 Jun 2012, 20:29 #11

I do see it now. They changed the location of the "Express Deals" tab at the top of the page. Thanks to KeenWink for pointing that out. I went back and reread that thread.

lighthouse boy

04 Jul 2012, 03:33 #12

I used the express deals thru the P/L link. My cousins needed a room for this Thursday for one night in McAllen TX. Rate for a 2.5* hotel was $64 with a guaranteed rating of 8.0 on a 10.0 scale and amentites lised. Like hotwire, the hotel was revealed after purchase. They got the Wingate By Wyndham (priceline's rate was $99 if you purchase the hotel WITHOUT bidding). Total with tax was $80.49.

normally, I would not use this service because I love to bid. Will BFT want its member to post this information if a member decides to use this option over bidding? Will BFT getting any payments for members using this option?

Sheryl

04 Jul 2012, 03:37 #13

Yes, please post this on the Texas - Other Cities forum and thank you for using our link to Priceline. We do get credit for Express Deals.
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.

phantomack

05 Jul 2012, 20:27 #14

A recent interesting article regarding Priceline's Express DEALS in USA Today (Mon 7/2/12 p.3B) establishes that this option is no longer a test or experiment. Also, there's been a spate of ads popping up on TV this week.

It may be useful to use the Express service when NYOPing to establish a maximum bid allowing a better informed incremental $ spread between free rebids, in addition of course to the time-honored research into current hotel web pricing. This would be especially useful for last day bidding so that you don't overbid in a panic when down to the last rebid.

As the report mentions in the last paragraph, try NYOP first then Express, which I think most of the members here have already figured out.
Last edited by phantomack on 05 Jul 2012, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

Sheryl

05 Jul 2012, 20:30 #15

Please post a link to that article in the Priceline.com In The News forum near the bottom of our homepage. Thanks for mentioning it here.

phantomack

05 Jul 2012, 21:07 #16

Sorry, this techtard has limited computer skills and wouldn't know how to even begin to post a link from a newspaper. The article is titled "Priceline adds another discount option for hotel stays". Perhaps another member with more skills could post the appropriate link?

BTW, never saw that "Priceline.com In The News" forum before. Guess I never scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the Home Page. lol 

Sheryl

05 Jul 2012, 21:17 #17

I searched for it on USA Today's website and posted a link. You are more tarded than I am.

RAM

31 Jul 2012, 15:24 #18

Just tried my hand at this Express Deals thing.  Nada.  I was bidding below the rate research for the night/area because I would only go if the rate was low enough.  With no accepted bids, I clicked on the Express deals link and the message came back saying no express deals available.  So, if rates are high for your location/dates, Express deals may not be an option.

Coreenkay

26 Aug 2012, 02:00 #19

Does anyone know if you can ask for a room that accommodates more than 2 people?  I see that they list a bedding preference on some hotels.  I have not used Priceline for hotels in a long while, because my son has been traveling with us, and he is now 18.  Hotwire allows you to select up to 4 people per room.  If Priceline allowed up to 4 people per room, I think many families with one or two children that have  been shut out of Priceline (such as mine!) will jump onboard.

Sheryl

26 Aug 2012, 02:05 #20

No opaque site guarantees bedding, including Hotwire. Read their rules. The fact that they allow you to enter more than two people is not a guarantee of bedding. It's very deceptive and just a marketing ploy.

Please place your Priceline/Hotwire bids/purchases through the link in my signature or by clicking the Priceline/Hotwire banners on the right side of the screen. And please keep Priceline in mind for your conventional travel bookings as well.

Please update your email address in your Yuku profile if it's no longer current and please post all of your bids when you obtain them.