Express Deals - Extend Your Stay?

Moderators: KeenWink, tilepusher, readymade

Express Deals - Extend Your Stay?

jamm

07 Aug 2014, 21:12 #1

Is the extend a stay offer available when taking an Express Deal?  I need a hotel for 4 nights in Asheville.  The first 3 are a deal, but the fourth is significantly higher.  If I enter all 4 dates, it takes into account the higher fourth day rate.

Sheryl

07 Aug 2014, 21:20 #2

jamm private messaged this to me and I asked him to post it here. The private message indicated that the fourth night is a Saturday.

The short answer is Yes.

As indicated in the Express Deal topic in the Administrator Announcements forum, Express Deals are a bidding product. They are just presented differently at a premium rate since they are less opaque.

In your situation, do not do it. You should always bid your full stay as one bid and only use the extend stay feature when your plans change later. You will always get a better deal this way because Priceline averages the nightly rates. Further, you never want to intentionally force a Saturday checkin which is exactly what you are proposing because that is how the extend stay feature is presented to the hotel. Some hotels will not accept them and when they do, they are almost always more expensive. So in your situation, just act as though the extend stay feature doesn't exist.
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.

jamm

07 Aug 2014, 21:29 #3

Thanks Sheryl.  I ran the numbers many ways and you're right, it is always cheaper to book the entire stay.