Bonus Dollars - Are they Real?

Moderators: KeenWink, tilepusher, readymade

jagged45

01 Feb 2011, 01:05 #21

That post looks to me to confirm the argument that the Bonus Dollars are real. Ezventurer said that the bid was won at $34 + $10 bonus dollars for a total of $44 per night. I have looked back on two years of bidding (this site and others) and have not found anyone winning a bid for a 3* SeaTac for less than $40 so the $34 won bid was helped by a real $10 bonus.

Are you making the assumption that a 3* SeaTac hotel should always be winnable at no more than $40? If so, I found a number of recent examples of 3* SeaTac wins, without bonus dollars, that first tried at $40 and needed to go higher (I ignored any of the “won with my first bid” postings). One was for four nights, also during the last week of January, which bid in $1 increments from $37 to $45 without success, waited a few days, bid the same way and won at $45.

catlover susan

01 Feb 2011, 02:53 #22

On another large Priceline bidding assistance Board, there is a 1/28-2/1 Seatac win at $40, (Doubletree).

tilepusher

01 Feb 2011, 08:07 #23

I'm not sure which one you're talking about, because the one people are usually referring to has no such bid. Also, the fact that someone else may have gotten a room on a lower bid than ezventurer for the same dates proves nothing if the bids are made on different dates. Availability and rates for a given night can change at any time on Priceline.

While the examples we provided do not constitute proof that Bonus Cash savings are real, they and other reports on this board are strong evidence that at least most of the time they are. It's possible that this is not the case all the time, but you haven't provided a genuine counterexample to prove it. Your initial posts seem to suggest that you had one, but I haven't seen any details of the bids that you referred to here posted in the Seattle forum, as I asked you to do earlier.
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.

jagged45

01 Feb 2011, 20:01 #24

Susan,
I looked back on your postings again and I see that you tried for a 3 night stay using your Bonus Dollars without luck but your recent postings on the Washington board only show wins of one night stays. Did the Bonus Dollars require a 3 night minimum stay? If so, it could be that 3 nights were the problem as there might not have been 3 nights available at a single hotel.

Also, I did just find a successful $40 Bonus Dollar win ($35 + $5) on another site for an one night stay at the 3* SeaTac Doubletree on Jan. 22nd.

Datnice

29 Mar 2011, 18:25 #25

I use priceline at "least" 10 times a year and half of these stays are 3 days or longer and have NEVER received bonus money for hotel stays. In all my years I've had two $25 offers to rent a car but that's it! Be thankful you get them is all I can say!

ArukTheRed

15 Nov 2011, 00:16 #26

So I use the BFT Priceline link every time I bid to make sure BFT gets the credit for introducing me to and giving me the confidence to use Priceline. For the first time in my experience, I have Bonus Money to use at the same time I'm actually planning to bid for a hotel. Since you have to bid via a custom link, it is impossible to use Bonus Money while still supporting BFT by using the link, correct? If there is a way to do both please let me know. I am holding off on bidding until I know for certain.

Also, just out of curiousity, does BFT get credit for failed bidding attempts initiated through the BFT P/L link or just the ones with a successful result? 

Thanks!

Sheryl

15 Nov 2011, 00:21 #27

I think we do get credit if you request the bonus money link before you bid and then when you start your bid, click on the BiddingForTravel link first before you sign in and grab your bonus money; i.e. just don't bid through the email you received from Priceline. We only get credit for successful bids.

Thank you for asking.
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.

montognese

02 May 2012, 16:56 #28

I believe the bonus money to be real. I just bid on Minneapolis and was rejected at a bonus money bid of $51 + $7 = $58 and then accepted at $53 + $7 = $60. My friend decided to join me so within 10 minutes of my winning bid, without bonus money, she bid $58 and was rejected. At $60 she received the same property as me.

gypsytrip

05 May 2013, 03:35 #29

I didn't have time to read whole thread but I know for a FACT that the bonus cash is BS.

I have a hotel in Tulsa that always wins at 45.

I bid it out for the millionth time, using my 25 bonus cash from priceline and for the first time, it didn't work!

I suspected that it was a "false" bonus so I backed out and bid it out using 45 and no bonus cash... bingo, it worked.

KeenWink

05 May 2013, 04:44 #30

Thanks for the info, gypsytrip. I hope that you will begin posting your millions of wins here so that others may benefit from the data!
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.

Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.