Bidding for a car at RSW/Fort Myers Feb. 9

Moderators: KeenWink, tilepusher, readymade

Bidding for a car at RSW/Fort Myers Feb. 9

joanie881
Registered User
joanie881
Registered User
Joined: 01 May 2002, 00:23

09 Jan 2018, 17:56 #1

Hello, I need a car for 9 days in Feb. and didn't see what the rental company options are when you bid on the site. I've read some horror stories about EZ and Advantage and already ignored $9/day options that I saw on carrental.com (now gone). But I'd also rather not pay $400 for that time if possible. I just need an economy or compact. Any thoughts? Thanks. Joanie
Reply
Like

Sheryl
Registered User
Sheryl
Registered User
Joined: 16 Jan 2000, 16:19

10 Jan 2018, 01:21 #2

Please read our Rental Car FAQ and check Hotwire and bid $3/day less than Hotwire.

Please place your bid through the Priceline link at the end of my post and post the results of your bid.  Priceline Name Your Own Price doesn't use EZ or Advantage.
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.
Reply
Like

joanie881
Registered User
joanie881
Registered User
Joined: 01 May 2002, 00:23

10 Jan 2018, 12:28 #3

Sheryl wrote: Please read our Rental Car FAQ and check Hotwire and bid $3/day less than Hotwire.

Please place your bid through the Priceline link at the end of my post and post the results of your bid.  Priceline Name Your Own Price doesn't use EZ or Advantage.
Sorry couldn't see the FAQ til I went back to the main page.
Unfortunately, as I was building a bid, I see Priceline has now added Sixt as a car rental company which isn't located in the airport and gets horrible reviews on the BBB site, some from just within the last 3 weeks. Makes me nervous that that's the company who would probably accept the bid. Crap, I was so happy to see the other 5 companies listed, all reputable with counters at the airport.
Reply
Like

bilyclub
Registered User
bilyclub
Registered User
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 08:57

10 Jan 2018, 12:56 #4

joanie881 wrote:
Sheryl wrote: Please read our Rental Car FAQ and check Hotwire and bid $3/day less than Hotwire.

Please place your bid through the Priceline link at the end of my post and post the results of your bid.  Priceline Name Your Own Price doesn't use EZ or Advantage.
Sorry couldn't see the FAQ til I went back to the main page.
Unfortunately, as I was building a bid, I see Priceline has now added Sixt as a car rental company which isn't located in the airport and gets horrible reviews on the BBB site, some from just within the last 3 weeks. Makes me nervous that that's the company who would probably accept the bid. Crap, I was so happy to see the other 5 companies listed, all reputable with counters at the airport.
Costco has the best rental prices,if you are a member. I always try a lowball bid on priceline first, though. I thought when you bid on priceline they show what rental agencies it might be.
Reply
Like

joanie881
Registered User
joanie881
Registered User
Joined: 01 May 2002, 00:23

10 Jan 2018, 13:04 #5

bilyclub wrote:
joanie881 wrote:
Sheryl wrote: Please read our Rental Car FAQ and check Hotwire and bid $3/day less than Hotwire.

Please place your bid through the Priceline link at the end of my post and post the results of your bid.  Priceline Name Your Own Price doesn't use EZ or Advantage.
Sorry couldn't see the FAQ til I went back to the main page.
Unfortunately, as I was building a bid, I see Priceline has now added Sixt as a car rental company which isn't located in the airport and gets horrible reviews on the BBB site, some from just within the last 3 weeks. Makes me nervous that that's the company who would probably accept the bid. Crap, I was so happy to see the other 5 companies listed, all reputable with counters at the airport.
Costco has the best rental prices,if you are a member. I always try a lowball bid on priceline first, though. I thought when you bid on priceline they show what rental agencies it might be.
Reply
Like