Bidding Assistance: Big Island 1/29/13-2/2/13

Resort fees are prevalent in certain zones. Keep in mind that some hotels charge excessive resort fees which you may be unable to dispute as Priceline now states on their website that these fees are your responsibility.

Moderators: KeenWink, tilepusher, readymade

Bidding Assistance: Big Island 1/29/13-2/2/13

leftcoastgirlie
Registered User
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 00:48

28 Dec 2012, 02:01 #1

Would appreciate any assistance.  Thank you!

1) The 'City' (or region) you would be bidding for: Hawaii/Big Island


2) The 'Zones' (the name (not the number) of the city areas) that are acceptable: Kona

3) Date of Hotel Checkin: 1/29/13

4) Date of Hotel Checkout: 2/2/13

5) Number of rooms needed: 1

6) Hotel Quality Level or 'star rating' desired (1-5 or Resort): Resort > 3.5 star >3 star but all OK

7) Lowest available rates found in the zones and quality level you desire (list min. of 3) and name the hotel alongside its rate.



Resort: Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa - $186/night
3.5 star: Kona Coast Resort - $169.50/night
3 star: Courtyard King Kamehameha Kona Beach Hotel - $161/night (advance purchase, non-refundable), $189 (refundable)

8 ) Source website(s) of lowest available rates: hotels' own website



9) Give the name (not the number) of each and every one of your free re-bidding zones (that means all of them): Hilo, Waikaloa (Waikaloa has Resorts, but  much more expensive and ok if I ended up there in a Resort!)

10) Maximum willing to bid (before taxes and fees) per room/per night your bidding limit should be the maximum you are willing to pay at the time you post your request, regardless of the amount of winning bids posted:  $130/night (looks like all previous winning bids were ~90 for the Resort, but not sure if this is high season for some reason? hotel website rates seem higher than usual?)

11) Yes



12) Yes



13) Yes
Reply

Sheryl
Registered User
Joined: 16 Jan 2000, 16:19

28 Dec 2012, 04:21 #2

In the future, please provide the answers only, as the Bidding Assistance Form says.

I would recommend that you start at $110 for Resort. If that is rejected, add your free re-bid and raise to $125. Zones with Resorts are never free re-bids. If Waikoloa is acceptable, I would need to see rates for that zone. It's too far in advance to bid a lower quality level.

Please place your Priceline/Hotwire bids/purchases through the link in my signature or by clicking the Priceline/Hotwire banners on the right side of the screen. And please keep Priceline in mind for your conventional travel bookings as well.

Please update your email address in your Yuku profile if it's no longer current and please post all of your bids when you obtain them.
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.
Reply

leftcoastgirlie
Registered User
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 00:48

28 Dec 2012, 06:18 #3

Thank you for your assistance.

Placed bids through your Priceline link.

No luck at $110 for resort.  Added Hilo as a free re-bid and raised to $125, still no luck.  Given my price cap, should I try again or wait till it gets closer and bid for a lower star level? 
Reply

Sheryl
Registered User
Joined: 16 Jan 2000, 16:19

28 Dec 2012, 07:16 #4

I would wait a week and bid for a Resort again, starting at $115 and raising to $130. If you are not successful, start a new bid and bid for a 3.5* with the amounts you bid for a Resort today.

Please continue to bid through our link to Priceline and do not bid through a Priceline email.
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.
Reply

leftcoastgirlie
Registered User
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 00:48

04 Jan 2013, 07:03 #5

Tried again tonight.

Bid $115 on a resort, then added Hilo and raised to $130 - no luck.

Started a new bid at $110 for a 3.5*, then added Hilo and raised to $125 - no luck.

Any estimate on how much a 3.5* or resort will be based on my failed bids?  Do you think I should wait and try again, or just bid on a lower level???  Thank you for your help!

I bid through your Priceline link.
Reply

Sheryl
Registered User
Joined: 16 Jan 2000, 16:19

04 Jan 2013, 07:13 #6

There is no way to know if/when you'll be successful but you've got plenty of time. I would bid the same again in a week. Have you booked a cancellable backup?
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.
Reply

leftcoastgirlie
Registered User
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 00:48

04 Jan 2013, 21:34 #7

Thanks!  Yes, I have a back-up, just need to cancel by 1/26/13. I will try again next week.
Reply

leftcoastgirlie
Registered User
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 00:48

12 Jan 2013, 20:18 #8

Attemped the same bids again (first for resort, then new bid for 3.5*).  Still no luck!

Prices look like they have gone up - Sheraton Keauhou now $209/night and Courtyard King Kamehameha also $209/night. No availability now at Kona Coast Resort.

Bid through your priceline link.
Reply

Sheryl
Registered User
Joined: 16 Jan 2000, 16:19

12 Jan 2013, 20:33 #9

How high are you willing to bid? What is the rate for your backup?
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.
Reply

leftcoastgirlie
Registered User
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 00:48

14 Jan 2013, 16:29 #10

I'm not sure how much above $130 I'm willing to bid.  My back-up is at the Sheraton Keauhou for $186/night +$100 in resort credit (using AAA).  I could raise my max to $150 for a resort; I think I'm still stuck on $130 for a 3 or 3.5*. 
Reply