3.5* Wyndham Garden OK City Airport 5/20 $46

Moderators: KeenWink, tilepusher, readymade

3.5* Wyndham Garden OK City Airport 5/20 $46

TheBeachBum

17 May 2013, 20:04 #1

I needed 2 rooms and tried from $50-$61 for 4* rooms w/ no success. Ran out of acceptable areas and added 3.5 Stars at $42, $44 & $46. Got the Wyndham Garden - Airport for $46. They still list it as a 3.5 stars property? I'll let you know...
Last edited by TheBeachBum on 17 May 2013, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

Sheryl

17 May 2013, 20:19 #2

Thank you for posting your bid. Please post your bids as a new topic. Did you remember to bid through our link to Priceline?
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.

Sheryl

21 May 2013, 02:04 #3

Not a good day to be in OKC.

TheBeachBum

29 May 2013, 20:51 #4

Just as we were checking it started to rain BIG drops. By the time we finished check-in it was hailing large hail and the tornado warnings were blaring. I ask the clerk if I could leave the car under the awning and she said it would be fine for now.  I got to the room and switched on the local news coverage to find out it was headed at us, but was expected to take a slightly southern path. Good for us, but not so good for the folks in Morre. After about an hour the rain subsided and the damage reports began to appear on the local news. Looked really bad! As it turned out it wasn’t as bad as originally thought, but 24 people paid the ultimate price for life in OK.

BTW… The Property is NOT anywhere near what one would expect of a 3 ½* property. It was dingy, the hallways were musty smelling and the rooms were in need of carpet cleaning and other repairs (my towel rack had been ripped from the wall and was laying on the counter).  It is occupied mostly by blue collar workers who stay there on a weekly basis. BIG line at the washer/dryer!  Why does P/L let/rate this type of property as a 3 ½*?

Sheryl

29 May 2013, 22:14 #5

Glad you're safe. I really hope you relayed your feedback to Priceline. Please add your quality comments to the existing review for this hotel if there is one linked on the Hotel List. Our Hotel FAQ explains how to post a review when yours is the first.