3.5* Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner 4/22-4/30 $129 Express Deal

Includes areas defined by priceline's Northern Virginia and Maryland-DC Suburbs zones.

Moderators: KeenWink, tilepusher, readymade

3.5* Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner 4/22-4/30 $129 Express Deal

randygva

13 Apr 2014, 17:44 #1

I always appreciate the info provided by BTF.

Used many (!) permutations working to get a reasonably priced 3.5* hotel in Tysons Corner area.  Recent posts were a few months ago and were in the $50-70 range.  I started at $49/night and then worked up to $111/night with no success.

The permutations got to 23 used -- so lots of entering data and back and forth to enter a new bid.  I guess it must just be a busy time.   Express Deal was an exact match for the Crowne Plaza (including free internet and fee parking) -- so I chose to go with the $129/nt deal in a hotel I "know" rather than get of one the other 3.5 stars and pay for parking ($10-25 a night in that area)and no indoor pool.

website showed avg per night cost of $165/nt. here's why:
TueWedThuFriSatSunMon Tue
$182 $182 $181 $89 $89 $181 $208  208 
Makes Bidding perhaps a bit complicated .  Thanks for the site -- I used the BFT priceline link. 
Last edited by randygva on 13 Apr 2014, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

Sheryl

13 Apr 2014, 22:12 #2

Thank you for making your purchase through our link to Priceline. If recent posts were a few months ago and very likely for a shorter stay, they weren't relevant to this stay. The only thing that is relevant is available rates for your exact dates and as the Hotel FAQ says, lengthier stays are more difficult to get a bid accepted. Starting at $50 based on that Express Deal rate was very unrealistic. Bidding will always beat the Express Deal rate but you have to be realistic. I'd rather save $10 a night (just an example) than waste my time bidding unrealistically. Please consider that in the future.

Please only list the relevant success in the title and all details should be in your post.
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.