2.5* Bentonville Fairfield Inn Rogers, $51, 8/21 (Exp. Deal)

Moderators: KeenWink, tilepusher, readymade

2.5* Bentonville Fairfield Inn Rogers, $51, 8/21 (Exp. Deal)

readymade

17 Aug 2016, 04:39 #1

Just checked into the H.I. Express reservation tonight and was given 1 room with a king and one with 2 doubles and told no changes could be made--"all third party bookings are unchangeable."  So my sister and I had to switch rooms with my nephew.  I actually had a  long discussion with the desk clerk explaining to him that this was his hotel's policy, and not Priceline's, and that most hotels waited until checkin to assign a room (and that in fact, this is exactly what PL tells you when you book).  

All of which is to say, in booking this stay for our return journey, I decided it might be good to try another hotel.  There were two 2.5* hotels with 8+ ratings in the Express Deals, one of which was this same H.I. Express I'm in now.  So I decided to do the other, knowing it was either the Townplace Suites or the Fairfield.  Fairfield it is.  We'll see how they react to Priceline.  : )

tilepusher

17 Aug 2016, 08:24 #2

Thank you for posting your Express Deal purchase. I'm not sure that I understand the point you were trying to make. From what you've written, the desk clerk didn't say anything implying that not allowing changes was Priceline's policy and not the hotel's. I hope you get the rooms you want at the Fairfield Inn, but don't be too surprised if the hotel doesn't allow changes to the room types that are specified in the reservation.
Please place all of your Priceline bids through our Priceline link.
Please check rates at Hotwire and make your bookings through our Hotwire link.

readymade

20 Aug 2016, 04:11 #3

He was clearly under the impression that the "third-party" selected the room type and sent it to the hotel (and seemed to have been so instructed by his bosses). I corrected him by explaining that PL tells all bookers that room asssignments are made AT CHECK-IN, and should be discussed directly with the hotel. It's this particular hotel's decision to randomly assign a room in advance, and then refuse to consider changing it. In hundreds of bookings I've only encountered this once or twice before.

I understand if they say, "Sorry, we're sold out and this is all we have available."  But "we're not allowed to touch 3rd party reservations" is just stupid and arbitrary.
Last edited by readymade on 20 Aug 2016, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.