'87 Fuji Tiara road bike

Dan-O
Dan-O

April 24th, 2017, 4:44 pm #1

I'm excited about this one! What a cool old ride. Been drooling over it for years! It was given to me this weekend in Florida by my good friend Claude that some of you may know. It has MANY thousands of miles on it but, mechanically it's in great shape. Unbelievable how quiet and smooth it is. And fast! It has been sitting for a little while and had a bad tire so we put some new tires and tubes on it so I could get some Florida beach riding in before I left. It's home in Tennessee now and I'm ready to get to work on it. I did some research with the serial number and found this. First things first, let's get this baby shined up! Oh, and some pics...

Johnny Thunder
Hardcore

April 24th, 2017, 7:23 pm #2

Wow! That was so nice of him to give you the old road bike! I love those 1980's splatter paint schemes.
Ride what you like

tony
Hardcore
tony
Hardcore

April 25th, 2017, 11:27 pm #3

Sweet lookin ride, and a great buddy at that.

rwf 1944
Cruiser

April 26th, 2017, 12:02 am #4

wish i had some friends like that, a really great vintage bike given by a great friend, the world could sure use a lot more people like that

MacClyver
Cruiser

May 4th, 2017, 7:49 pm #5

"It has MANY thousands of miles on it", What?!? I would have never guessed. Take a ride on my bike and you KNOW it's high mileage.
Biking makes my lower back and knees hurt. I'd rather run if exercising or drive if I'm going somewhere. But I bike as much as I do because it's cheap ecological tranport.

Dan-O
Dan-O

May 13th, 2017, 4:53 am #6

Been working on cleaning it up and refreshing a few things. I added a cheap cell phone mount(that I'm not crazy about) and got some stuff to fix the sticky brakes and worn out bar tape/brake hoods.

After this I want to get a nice seat for it but I think that will take some time to find the right one...

Dan-O
Dan-O

May 16th, 2017, 3:07 am #7

Got everything on tonight. Man, what a difference! The brakes are smooth and the bars are nice and comfy now. This was my first time using bar tape so they didn't turn out perfect but, I learned a lot for the next time. I added some extra padding so hopefully that will help while I'm getting used to this thing.

Johnny Thunder
Hardcore

May 17th, 2017, 12:30 am #8

Nice job! I remember wrapping my drop bars for the first time. There was a learning curve.
Ride what you like

Dan-O
Dan-O

April 7th, 2018, 1:25 am #9

Just got these in! I admit, I really only got them because I think they'll look cool. Nothing expensive but they have a lot of good reviews.

This is going to be killer!

I got lazy and didn't get the tools to remove the cassette. Just found this video on Youtube. Works great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rls6ba2B0Iw

Dan-O
Dan-O

April 7th, 2018, 6:38 pm #10

Got em on and took it for a spin. I'm diggin it!