What game are you currently playing?

Talk about other games here

What game are you currently playing?

Denden666Piek
IRIS Universal Chief
Denden666Piek
IRIS Universal Chief

21 Oct 2005, 23:43 #1

Here you can post what game you're currently playing, and maybe tell something about it. Discussing games is authorised.

I'm playing Doom³ at the moment, and it's scary as hell. There's nothing that could have prepared me for this frightening experience. This game has been put together brilliantly, scaring me on every corner with different things every time. Even when playing with a friend it's scary, and that's saying something, because usually games are only scary to me when I'm alone. And of course I play the game it's supposed to: at night with just a small light, just bright enough to see the quicksave key( ;) ) and soundspeakers loud. It makes for the ultimate scary experience, and I haven't felt so scared in a game since Alien vs. Predator. There are some things though: the flashlight is a nice idea, but not being able to shoot when you have a flashlight isn't exciting, it's frustrating. I don't like to shoot in the dark, emptying clips at nothing. So I downloaded a flashlight for every gun, that makes it more fun to me. Also I'm using ammo, armor and health cheats because I'm terrible at shooters. But still: NO god-mode, so I can still die in a fight. I can only heal and stuff between the fights, so it remains exciting for me. Brilliant experience, and I think I will play Half-Life 2 next. ^_^
Power. Wisdom. Courage. My three BG&E copies. My BG&E Triforce.

Ralexand
IRIS Chief
Ralexand
IRIS Chief

22 Oct 2005, 09:08 #2

I'm playing Gothic II, Silent Storm and Grim Fandango at the moment :D

"Look, all I know is what they taught me at command school. There are certain rules about a war and rule number one is young men die. And rule number two is doctors can't change rule number one."

Henry Blake

The_Evil_Reaper
IRIS Universal Chief
The_Evil_Reaper
IRIS Universal Chief

23 Oct 2005, 12:16 #3

Still playing Second Sight, less than once a week or so.... I should play more because it's a great game. But there is just so much to do....
Explanation of the game: You're a dude with psychic powers, which are supressed by medicins(you start out in a guarded hospital). During the game you get more powers, because you haven't had your medicin. You get flashbacks about your past, and find out more about who you were and what you did. Driven by these flashback you go searching for your past...
I like the game because it has humour, and off course psychic powers, those are awesome. :D
You cannot cheat the Reapers Reap!

Don't let a great game go to waste, Carlson & Peeters: page 999.

Denden666Piek
IRIS Universal Chief
Denden666Piek
IRIS Universal Chief

23 Oct 2005, 13:03 #4

Aargh, I wish I could say Silent Hill 3, but it didn't work on my pc, problems with my graphics card, it's a common problem that other people have too with a certain graphics card. Oh well, it was 5 euro, so I'm not returning it. In the meantime, it's still Doom³ for me and Animal Crossing too. Just a few more days and it's Halloween...

Wazzupdude
IRIS Double Agent
Wazzupdude
IRIS Double Agent

24 Oct 2005, 09:37 #5

OMG so...you dream about bunnies turning in monsters.... :P
At the moment I play Diablo 2, Battles for middleearth, TimeSpliters Futureperfect and Warlords Battlecry 3...just to much

Denden666Piek
IRIS Universal Chief
Denden666Piek
IRIS Universal Chief

24 Oct 2005, 11:06 #6

Wazzupdude @ Oct 24 2005, 03:37 AM wrote: OMG so...you dream about bunnies turning in monsters.... :P
Yes, and they eat cheese and veggies too. Weird, isn't it?

Oh BTW, I play the King Kong demo too occasionally, the release isn't too far away. ^_^

Wazzupdude
IRIS Double Agent
Wazzupdude
IRIS Double Agent

28 Oct 2005, 17:33 #7

Lol :P Just confess it...your addicted :P ....That says the person who plays Timespliters to much..... :blink:

Dragu
Initiate
Dragu
Initiate

28 Oct 2005, 23:20 #8

Mostly World of Warcraft. And soon I'll probably start BGE from the beginning again. Need to get my Jade fix :mellow: .

:P

Wazzupdude
IRIS Double Agent
Wazzupdude
IRIS Double Agent

29 Oct 2005, 20:36 #9

WoW is a great game....it is a pity that it costs money to play that game :(

Ralexand
IRIS Chief
Ralexand
IRIS Chief

29 Oct 2005, 21:12 #10

Play Guild Wars ;)

"Look, all I know is what they taught me at command school. There are certain rules about a war and rule number one is young men die. And rule number two is doctors can't change rule number one."

Henry Blake

Denden666Piek
IRIS Universal Chief
Denden666Piek
IRIS Universal Chief

29 Oct 2005, 21:31 #11

Thankfully there's Guild Wars. Oh Wazzupdude, I think I saw a magazine in the shops where you get a bonusdisk with it. On this bonusdiwk stands the ENTIRE version of World of Warcraft. You can play it for free for one month. And then it ends. That disk is worthless after that, I guess. But at least you'll have your WoW experience for while.

The_Evil_Reaper
IRIS Universal Chief
The_Evil_Reaper
IRIS Universal Chief

29 Oct 2005, 22:15 #12

Uhm, I've currently picked up Rollercoaster tycoon 2 agian, and it accured to me that the timelines in the game are totally f***ed up. Still it's fun to play, although people puke just a little to much.....
On the Xbox I was playing Brute Force, because I needed to get rid of my agression, gotten from doing math to long.
You cannot cheat the Reapers Reap!

Don't let a great game go to waste, Carlson & Peeters: page 999.

Wazzupdude
IRIS Double Agent
Wazzupdude
IRIS Double Agent

30 Oct 2005, 17:00 #13

At the moment I play a lot of tic tac toe and battleships :P

Denden666Piek
IRIS Universal Chief
Denden666Piek
IRIS Universal Chief

30 Oct 2005, 17:10 #14

Wazzupdude @ Oct 30 2005, 11:00 AM wrote: At the moment I play a lot of tic tac toe and battleships :P
Hahaha, yeah that's right. I haven't even thought about that. Me too. ^_^ And the sketchboard is a nice "game" too.

Wazzupdude
IRIS Double Agent
Wazzupdude
IRIS Double Agent

01 Nov 2005, 12:37 #15

Jup...well at the moment I don't have much time to play games :( even not my favorite game Timespliters...and even not Tales of Symphonia :( (shame on me I lost that game....well don't know where it is ...) But next week I will get more time to play games :D :D and off course to forum :P