First In-Engine Demo

Any information about BG&E 2? Post any interviews, reviews, previews, and news in this section.

First In-Engine Demo

G.A.Pster
IRIS Chief
G.A.Pster
IRIS Chief

22 Jun 2017, 19:58 #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8IguhQqhAg

Beyond Good and Evil 2: E3 2017 First In-Engine Demo

It's only a matter of time now.
'"''"""''"'"'"''"""''"'"'""""'''"'""'""'''"

JerichoMccoy
IRIS Agent
JerichoMccoy
IRIS Agent

22 Jun 2017, 20:37 #2

Watching it now. There will still be picture taking, but that scale! Wow! Music has that classic theme playing in the background.

Digging that Ancel wants to put into real Science into the game with planet creation, as well as making sure that the planets themselves are populated. Also, real time terrain editing in a game of this scope? Hot damn.

Foundation looks great so far! I just hope that the rest of the planets as well as the interiors of buildings, spaceships, caves, etc. have the same quality and thought.

Duke
IRIS Initiate
Duke
IRIS Initiate

22 Jun 2017, 20:44 #3

Glad we get to see the demo that was shown behind closed doors at E3 so soon. Shows they really want to communicate about the game, let's hope this Space Monkeys program will turn out pretty cool.

I'm getting some big No Man's Sky vibes from this video, as will a lot of people. The zooming out of the planets, having the ability to explore whole planets and that stuff is very similar to No Man's Sky.

One of the problems with NMS was that there was not enough content on the planets to make them different from each other and to make it worthwhile to explore everything. Lots of copies and slight variations that made you feel like you were visiting the same place over and over with just a tiny change in style.

Ancel mentions that he wants to fill the world with lots of life and not have this empty feeling in BGE2. The good thing is that Ubi Montpellier has a lot more resources than the small indies that made NMS. More manpower means more content is possible. I also wonder if the universe of BGE2 will be infinite (or close to it). If it is more contained, then we could have more unique locations, characters, etc.

I'm pretty jazzed about Ancel showing us the demo. Of course I'd love to see more of the story and how it connects to BGE1, but I think the team making it are fully aware of this. Seems like a good foundation for a great game. Let's hope they take their time, focus on a good story and that Vivendi doesn't cancel the project if it buys Ubisoft.

:arr:

JerichoMccoy
IRIS Agent
JerichoMccoy
IRIS Agent

23 Jun 2017, 07:35 #4

Duke @ Jun 22 2017, 02:44 PM wrote: Ancel mentions that he wants to fill the world with lots of life and not have this empty feeling in BGE2. The good thing is that Ubi Montpellier has a lot more resources than the small indies that made NMS. More manpower means more content is possible. I also wonder if the universe of BGE2 will be infinite (or close to it). If it is more contained, then we could have more unique locations, characters, etc.
From one of the making-of videos or I believe even in the announcement at E3, there was mention of having BGE2 a self-contained system (like our Solar System), so it would not be galaxies to explore, but just this one star system with planets that have cities, monasteries, etc.

Besides, if there was another system (System 4) we'd be able to visit Hillys prequel status. That'd be DLC pricing right there :lol: ... :unsure:

Duke
IRIS Initiate
Duke
IRIS Initiate

23 Jun 2017, 08:54 #5

JerichoMccoy @ Jun 23 2017, 08:35 AM wrote: From one of the making-of videos or I believe even in the announcement at E3, there was mention of having BGE2 a self-contained system (like our Solar System), so it would not be galaxies to explore, but just this one star system with planets that have cities, monasteries, etc.

Besides, if there was another system (System 4) we'd be able to visit Hillys prequel status. That'd be DLC pricing right there :lol: ... :unsure:
That would be a good move. I don't need infinite solar systems.

Now the wait for more content in the Space Monkeys program begins! Think it'll be a while before we get another video. I wonder what else they have at this point.

Lightweight
IRIS Chief

23 Jun 2017, 13:12 #6

I'm a bit worried about a small bit he mentioned. We'll be able to create our own characters. In a sense, that's awesome since we will be able to actually join the rebellion. BUT that could also lead to a loss in focus for the story. There are things a writer can do with a dedicated main character that cannot be done when the main character is "Original the Character Do Not Steal".

Otherwise, I CANNOT wait to fly one of those ships. It's like the Beluga on steroids. If they only transformed like the Veritechs from Robotech, I'd be living the dream! (But I know that's never going to happen.)
I need a wittier sig than this...

Ralexand
IRIS Chief
Ralexand
IRIS Chief

23 Jun 2017, 21:49 #7

The tech-demo and all the ideas just sound incredible. It seems they go all out this time. Of course some issues still seem a bit "Eh?" to me, but if they manage to pull it off together with a great story and characters ... wow. Like ... I know he had this vision already for BGE1, but I never thought that our beloved game would someday evolve into such epic space opera!

Making a custom char is something I don't really like in a 'BGE' game tho. I was kinda hoping we could maybe play Jade her father haha, or something similar. playing a 'noname' who will likey not have a huge canon role in the overal BGE lore ... hmmm. Not sure if I like that.

"Look, all I know is what they taught me at command school. There are certain rules about a war and rule number one is young men die. And rule number two is doctors can't change rule number one."

Henry Blake

JerichoMccoy
IRIS Agent
JerichoMccoy
IRIS Agent

24 Jun 2017, 03:41 #8

I would like to see how the custom character would work as a whole. On the one hand, it is a brand new feature that was not integrated in the original BG&E. How would the custom character work as a story in a whole? Would it be like Mass-Effect? Or you would be like Ishmael in 'Moby Dick', who chronicles the actual main character ("Dakini")?

Then again, if I could re-create myself and romance Dakini, this game gets 11 stars out of 10.

Just kidding...sorta.

Seriously, creating your own character could enable the freedom that encompasses these open-world(err, galaxy) games without contradicting the main character the player controls. Kinda like in GTAV where you were able to control three characters who exhibit those behaviors folks would do in an open-world game, Trevor being the EXTREME-SADISTIC side.

These are just theories but hey, more information will come along soon ^^.

Ralexand
IRIS Chief
Ralexand
IRIS Chief

26 Jun 2017, 18:52 #9

JerichoMccoy @ Jun 24 2017, 05:41 AM wrote:

Then again, if I could re-create myself and romance Dakini, this game gets 11 stars out of 10.

Just kidding...sorta.

No, we ALL know you would love to have a dating sim where you could become Jade her father :P

at least that's what many of us want as well. :D

"Look, all I know is what they taught me at command school. There are certain rules about a war and rule number one is young men die. And rule number two is doctors can't change rule number one."

Henry Blake

JerichoMccoy
IRIS Agent
JerichoMccoy
IRIS Agent

02 Jul 2017, 02:53 #10

Ralexand @ Jun 26 2017, 12:52 PM wrote:
JerichoMccoy @ Jun 24 2017, 05:41 AM wrote:

Just kidding...sorta.

No, we ALL know you would love to have a dating sim where you could become Jade her father :P

at least that's what many of us want as well. :D
Whoa, or Jade the mother?!

But yes, bring on the DATING SIM. Cause that'll bring on the cosplayers and then...well. Yeah. I've typed too much already. ^_^

On any case, good show!

toyabrown

23 Dec 2017, 02:29 #11

She was wonderful! Those eyes are beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toyabrown

23 Dec 2017, 02:30 #12

JerichoMccoy wrote:I would like to see how the custom character would work as a whole. On the one hand, it is a brand new feature that was not integrated in the original BG&E. How would the custom character work as a story in a whole? Would it be like Mass-Effect? Or you would be like Ishmael in 'Moby Dick', who chronicles the actual main character ("Dakini")?

Just kidding...sorta.

Seriously, creating your own character could enable the freedom that encompasses these open-world(err, galaxy) games without contradicting the main character the player controls. Kinda like in GTAV where you were able to control three characters who exhibit those behaviors folks would do in an open-world game, Trevor being the EXTREME-SADISTIC side.

Customizing characters is fun!

toyabrown

23 Dec 2017, 02:30 #13

G.A.Pster wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8IguhQqhAg

Beyond Good and Evil 2: E3 2017 First In-Engine Demo
It’s wonderful