white bettas

So, you want to breed bettas? Here are the ABCs of breeding bettas...

white bettas

george
Advanced Member
george
Advanced Member

04 Aug 2010, 20:01 #1

I obtained to white females from AL witch i bread to my white plk and got
delta tails witch i bread back to off spring and got delta tails and double tails
wear did they come from the pl or delta any clues locks like i only have
about 7 dt must be in the gens what do you think .

bettafan
Advanced Member
bettafan
Advanced Member

04 Aug 2010, 22:11 #2

My fish carry DT lots of it. however when you bred them to the Plakats you entered the genes from that, a pure plakat will help with getting 1/2 moons, but you will get delta's as well. all hm produce some delta's. you have to work the hm to hm before you get more hm, at most 40 percent is normal. more is nice but not always the way it goes. Usually if you breed pure hm fish from me it will take two spawn to get high counts of HM.

By using a PK of unknow lineage you never know what you get. it could be that the female isn't a PK at all but a normal female, possibly not from a hm line. Its hard to tell. but getting HM are not guaranteed. You have to work it out its a trait and no genes have been found to be directly responsible for HM development.
Copper and White is out of site!
Trapped in A World I didn't Create! Howard the Duck

george
Advanced Member
george
Advanced Member

04 Aug 2010, 23:49 #3

thanks Al have a nice day. ::bettas!!!:: :blues:

halcorrigan
Advanced Member
halcorrigan
Advanced Member

05 Aug 2010, 21:41 #4

And just to know - DTs are very useful in a breeding program. They will increase the width of your a betta's dorsal base, which is very desirable. Nobody wants a skinny streaming dorsal on their fish.

The DTs we got from Al's line are some of the nicest I've ever seen. Minimal deformities, good lobes, etc. We got some very sweet fish...

Good to hear you started out with quality stock, George.

Hairechest
Advanced Member
Hairechest
Advanced Member

09 May 2011, 15:23 #5

George, how is your white line coming along?