King Betta

The Traiditional Short-Finned Pk - show your breeding pairs and tell us what you're working with!

King Betta

AQUA DUNGEON

13 Jan 2011, 18:03 #1

::hello2 *AQUA DUNGEON* was wondering how many King betta keepers on this site???? here are mine King Nimrud King MonteZuma and King Kulaab These Behemeth are called King Betta some say they're Giant Plakat Mor :eek: anyone else on have any??????? *AD*
"Give a Man a Betta He will Be Happy a Day,Teach a Man to Breed Betta He will be Happy a Lifetime!"

Pam S
Advanced Member
Pam S
Advanced Member

13 Jan 2011, 19:37 #2

Erma and Hal use to have Giants.. from Surat? They were mostly a red type and not quite as "tubular" - long bodied as a couple of yours.

I had purchased a Giant or King from Petco a year or so ago and thought about crossing him into my plakat line for size but decided against it . Ended up with a real dippy head-could not see it in the Petco jar at the time..

where did you get them from?

Pam ..

AQUA DUNGEON

14 Jan 2011, 17:36 #3

Pam S @ Jan 13 2011, 12:37 PM wrote: Erma and Hal use to have Giants.. from Surat? They were mostly a red type and not quite as "tubular" - long bodied as a couple of yours.

I had purchased a Giant or King from Petco a year or so ago and thought about crossing him into my plakat line for size but decided against it . Ended up with a real dippy head-could not see it in the Petco jar at the time..

where did you get them from?

Pam ..
I wish you had cross'd them I would've purchased a pair or two, Yep these Guiis come from Petco where the pets go :lol: As soon as I get a Nest I'm goin In ::yeye I wanted to do Nimrud to My MG Magi do you think the fry will 50/50? I want the MG side the Most.*AD* *AQUA DUNGEON*
"Give a Man a Betta He will Be Happy a Day,Teach a Man to Breed Betta He will be Happy a Lifetime!"

Pam S
Advanced Member
Pam S
Advanced Member

14 Jan 2011, 18:32 #4

Your mustard gas girl looks like a longfin.. the one in the plastic container.. the male .. a red-blue male plakat..

If the girl is a longfin.. unless she carries plakat .. all of the babies will be longfins and carry the plakat gene..

They will probably be mostly red-blue.. unless the male carries the gene for yellow that is called nonred.

Is that a female plakat in the first picture with King "K" ?

Pam ..

AQUA DUNGEON

15 Jan 2011, 19:48 #5

Pam S @ Jan 14 2011, 11:32 AM wrote: Your mustard gas girl looks like a longfin.. the one in the plastic container.. the male .. a red-blue male plakat..

If the girl is a longfin.. unless she carries plakat .. all of the babies will be longfins and carry the plakat gene..

They will probably be mostly red-blue.. unless the male carries the gene for yellow that is called nonred.

Is that a female plakat in the first picture with King "K" ?

Pam ..
She a LF, You dont think i'll get 50% Mg and 50% wild look?? Thanks for the non-red hookup ;) *AD*

Pam S
Advanced Member
Pam S
Advanced Member

15 Jan 2011, 21:04 #6

You will probably get many combinations of colors.. you just don't know..

To get the "yellow" in mustard gas the male has to carry the nonred gene also..

I know of someone that crossed black/yellow siblings and ended up with solid reds. So what they say is supposed to happen genetically ... not always..

Pam .. And you will only get plakat if she is a longfin with a shortfin gene.

Hairechest
Advanced Member
Hairechest
Advanced Member

09 May 2011, 15:15 #7

I found a "giant" female in a Petco one day, about a year before the "King" line came out. Must of been a fluke. It was before I got into breeding though, and she got something weird in my community tank, and died. :(