Is this forum getting a rename?

Show us your SymPKs and SFHMs and tell us about your work with them!

Is this forum getting a rename?

Hairechest
Advanced Member
Hairechest
Advanced Member

05 Oct 2009, 01:32 #1

It's an interesting conundrum.

Something cool popped up in a "recent" spawn. I have been watching (and hoping it is a girl, which it is definitely not) - a short fin rose-tail. It has red fins and metallic green body with some of that in the fins. Not fully adult yet. BEAUTIFUL. Not what I wanted, but he's HOT! Of course I don't have photos yet.

The father is a ridiculously good looking ohm rose-tail butterfly. The mother was an experiment - non-red from a red x red by a friend of mine. Her body looks like something Al would drool over (if he did such a thing) and her dorsal fin was super wide - wider than any fish I have. The rest of her fins are not so great (which is weird). I took a chance on her because of that dorsal. Got some so/so fish. At least one decent looking non-red male but definitely not HM.

The question is, what will I breed him with? Short Red Rose-tail fins, green metallic..

bettafan
Advanced Member
bettafan
Advanced Member

05 Oct 2009, 12:08 #2

Hairechest @ Oct 4 2009, 09:32 PM wrote:It's an interesting conundrum.

Something cool popped up in a "recent" spawn. I have been watching (and hoping it is a girl, which it is definitely not) - a short fin rose-tail. It has red fins and metallic green body with some of that in the fins. Not fully adult yet. BEAUTIFUL. Not what I wanted, but he's HOT! Of course I don't have photos yet.

The father is a ridiculously good looking ohm rose-tail butterfly. The mother was an experiment - non-red from a red x red by a friend of mine. Her body looks like something Al would drool over (if he did such a thing) and her dorsal fin was super wide - wider than any fish I have. The rest of her fins are not so great (which is weird). I took a chance on her because of that dorsal. Got some so/so fish. At least one decent looking non-red male but definitely not HM.

The question is, what will I breed him with? Short Red Rose-tail fins, green metallic..
First off, no the forum is not getting a rename.
Second are you talking about the fish's body or your friends? You have to bee specific. :D
And second,, :postpics:
Copper and White is out of site!
Trapped in A World I didn't Create! Howard the Duck

Hairechest
Advanced Member
Hairechest
Advanced Member

05 Oct 2009, 23:40 #3

Tomorrow is my off day. I will clean jars and post pix.

bettafan
Advanced Member
bettafan
Advanced Member

06 Oct 2009, 00:06 #4

:)
Copper and White is out of site!
Trapped in A World I didn't Create! Howard the Duck

gloriousbettas
Advanced Member
gloriousbettas
Advanced Member

06 Nov 2009, 01:59 #5

Oh, goodie, PICTURES! :D :D :D
Kendra

FlareUp
Advanced Member
FlareUp
Advanced Member

15 Nov 2009, 20:43 #6

Where pics? I wanna see!

- FlareUp

gloriousbettas
Advanced Member
gloriousbettas
Advanced Member

16 Nov 2009, 11:13 #7

I guess the pictures are not posted yet. I can't see them either! :blink:

halcorrigan
Advanced Member
halcorrigan
Advanced Member

16 Nov 2009, 11:50 #8

Back to the original question - I wonder if we SHOULD re-name this section? The IBC dumped SYM in favor of Short Finned HM, huh?

And here I have DTs waiting to spawn so I can develop a true SymPK... :lol:

yeeviabettas
Advanced Member
yeeviabettas
Advanced Member

24 Nov 2009, 12:54 #9

SHORT FIN HALFMOON. :nopity:

onehomegrownsoul
Advanced Member
onehomegrownsoul
Advanced Member

27 Nov 2009, 20:59 #10

Looks like sym pk is gonna be in the "other" catagory along with the giants for a while.

Hairechest
Advanced Member
Hairechest
Advanced Member

13 Dec 2009, 15:17 #11

Hal, let me know about those SymPks - what color/s?

halcorrigan
Advanced Member
halcorrigan
Advanced Member

13 Dec 2009, 15:26 #12

LOL!!! You don't even want to know - but look above your post at Jake's avatar.

They're called Goldenfire Dragons and we got a pair from Surat Bhutipanya. Not only are we hoping to refine them into a genuinely symmetrical PK - meaning the dorsal is the same width and symmetrical with the anal, but they're also giants.

:blink:

Talk about the 'other' category... Jake and I have been really pushing these guys - we both LOVE these fish. But so far they've been very stubborn about breeding. It's winter here...

...still got a few tricks up our sleeves though.

Hairechest
Advanced Member
Hairechest
Advanced Member

14 Dec 2009, 13:18 #13

Jake's avatar is drool worthy indeed! I wish you guys the BEST of luck with those. Hopefully you can achieve what you want with them - I think it is an incredible goal and hope it works out!

I am STILL interested in fry. :)