Any more wilds out here?

Working on a Species Maintenance Program - or just keeping Wilds for fun. Show your wild bettas here and tell us what you hope to achieve!

Any more wilds out here?

majerah1
Advanced Member
majerah1
Advanced Member

08 Aug 2012, 05:35 #1

Just wondering if anyone else here works with wild type bettas? I was actually planning a spawn in the future of ocellata x macrostoma to see the result. Kinda like how we got the different colors and such of the splendens it would be neat to see the result of the offspring. Of course this is a side project and my main goal us still the pure strains of the species.

Would anyone be interested in seeing the result of this cross or is this taboo? lol

halcorrigan
Advanced Member
halcorrigan
Advanced Member

08 Aug 2012, 18:33 #2

Always interested to see people experimenting. Will those two cross?

Keep us posted...

gloriousbettas
Advanced Member
gloriousbettas
Advanced Member

11 Aug 2012, 15:01 #3

I am working with the wild bettas. Had a spawn of Betta Albimarginatas on May 25th that are growing out. Getting ready to set up another spawn.

Have Betta Persophones and Betta Brownorum but no spawns yet.

Kendra

majerah1
Advanced Member
majerah1
Advanced Member

12 Aug 2012, 06:55 #4

Nice Kendra! Albis are a fave of mine, so pretty.

Hal, they are the same complex so they should. I am not sure if its been proven or not but I can at least try. One of my main goals is to get macs and ocellatas to spawn at the same time so i ca attempt a surrogate for some macrostoma eggs. They breed like bunnies but swallow the eggs after a few days. Ocellata are supposed to be determined holders so this is one reason i want to give it a shot.

gloriousbettas
Advanced Member
gloriousbettas
Advanced Member

13 Aug 2012, 01:21 #5

[URL=http://<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid25.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc74%2Fgloriousbettas%2FIMG_0163.mp4">]female Betta Albimarginata[/URL]

majerah1
Advanced Member
majerah1
Advanced Member

04 Oct 2012, 02:43 #6

So fast forward. I had to pull the ocellata X Macrostoma plan as ive been working on other things. I now, however have a male ocellata holding, and a male picta holding, possibly two. Will be setting up fry tanks to raise the babies in.

Also getting a lovely halfmoon male and female to spawn :D

LoriSue
Advanced Member
LoriSue
Advanced Member

08 Oct 2012, 15:16 #7

I'm getting a pair of Betta rubra from Gerald and Kayla Griffin at the end of the month. First attempt at wilds, and mouth brooders! Hopefully I can get a spawn, and raise the fry and have some to show!!!
Not nearly enough tanks...not nearly enough room!

overacoppermoon.com

09 May 2013, 08:12 #8

I am working with a lot of the splendens complex, and I am only one of 2 people in the states with Siamorientalis AKA Black Imbellis...they are going to spawn any minute...I hope...