Ringo's 1963 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl three-piece drum kit sold for $2.1 million

sexie sadie
Level 1

January 26th, 2018, 12:08 pm #1

I saw that Ringo's 1963 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl three-piece drum kit was sold for $2.1 million. Probably a museum or something like that who has bought. If not Metallica's drummer Lars Ulrich has decided to change his own drumset. :D

Nice piece anyway.

At the same auction was Ringo's own copy of the White Album with the numer "1" sold for $790.000. Wonder if the buyer get it signed for that price?

Source: Rolling Stone

Julien's Auctions

fkmiller
Level 2

January 26th, 2018, 6:33 pm #2

sexie sadie wrote:I saw that Ringo's 1963 Ludwig Oyster Black Pearl three-piece drum kit was sold for $2.1 million. Probably a museum or something like that who has bought. If not Metallica's drummer Lars Ulrich has decided to change his own drumset. :D

Nice piece anyway.

At the same auction was Ringo's own copy of the White Album with the numer "1" sold for $790.000. Wonder if the buyer get it signed for that price?

Source: Rolling Stone

Julien's Auctions
the white album is incredible enough.jeez imagine owning ringos 0000001?fingerprints and all?.but come on the ludvig is the alpha of all rock memorabilia. tihs will add 10/20% to it's value year by year.who would not have bought this ? i'm insanely fkn jealous iand i'm not the jealous type tbh. these things just kinda DO that to me.what do you folk say?