August 27th, 2018, 8:32 am #31

It's clear that buyers remorse plays a huge part in these spurious returns. How the hell can someone complain about a record not playing when it's described as a "collection filler"?

I suppose we are dealing with different kinds of collectors. Ones like me, who buy and have no intention of playing, and those who buy to play. But why if you buy to play would you have bought this one?

muffmasterh
Level 6

August 29th, 2018, 10:58 pm #32

Mike wrote:The record looked clean bar a few scuffs, it just had that warp and the scratch that I mentioned. I said numerous times that it was visually graded only, to be considered a collection filler and not a play copy... What did they expect, eh?
if it is not a play copy you can only be expected to grade visually so G+ will represent the look so long as this is a clear visual only grade.

This is the exact kind of thing i am getting Mike and i suspect that now ebay are asking us no nominate grades on the listing buyers are no bothering to read what the actual detail we putting into the body.

bruno
Level 2
bruno
Level 2

August 30th, 2018, 5:24 pm #33

Just had the same problem with an album I sold on ebay but it DOES actually play and play well. I graded it visually vg but plays perfectly fine with no skips. I also noted the cover had considerable overall wear. He complained that he wanted to return it for no specific reason. Being that it was a $3.00 album I told him to throw it away and just gave him a full refund. Then I blocked him from bidding in the future. Cheaper to get rid of him that way.

namralos
Level 5

August 30th, 2018, 10:20 pm #34

By the way, when a record is in THAT shape, I use my fingernail to dig out the skip.