Ebay Refunding Money - Item Not Received

1970grave
Level 2
Joined: July 28th, 2011, 12:20 pm

March 30th, 2017, 8:51 am #1

I've just had a blemmer of a message from eBay
I sold a Ringo Starr 'Photograph' DEMO label - in my opinion the hardest to find of all apple demos.
The buyer was from Japan - and has been a good purchaser in the past
I stated that the record had been un-played and was being sold 'FOR THE RARITY OF THE LABEL'.
This disclaimer supersedes eBays return policy as it is the final T&C of sale before purchasing - in a sense 'buyer beware'
So, I have tracked the item and it has had 'RETENTION' in a Coventry Depot for the last 12 days
I have not received the item
eBay have now informed me that a refund has been given of £260 - yet I have not received the item to check that the item is in fact the disc I sent and that it has not been damaged
So, to date, I am without my property, £20 down on postage costs and I hope no import duties are awaiting in the future.
Well done eBay - another debacle
Quote
Like
Share

Mike
Level 4
Mike
Level 4
Joined: September 1st, 2006, 2:45 pm

March 30th, 2017, 12:01 pm #2

Have you tried phoning the Coventry depot to see if they can find it?
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: September 3rd, 2011, 11:04 am

March 30th, 2017, 1:32 pm #3

1970grave,Mar 30 2017 wrote: I've just had a blemmer of a message from eBay
I sold a Ringo Starr 'Photograph' DEMO label - in my opinion the hardest to find of all apple demos.
The buyer was from Japan - and has been a good purchaser in the past
I stated that the record had been un-played and was being sold 'FOR THE RARITY OF THE LABEL'.
This disclaimer supersedes eBays return policy as it is the final T&C of sale before purchasing - in a sense 'buyer beware'
So, I have tracked the item and it has had 'RETENTION' in a Coventry Depot for the last 12 days
I have not received the item
eBay have now informed me that a refund has been given of £260 - yet I have not received the item to check that the item is in fact the disc I sent and that it has not been damaged
So, to date, I am without my property, £20 down on postage costs and I hope no import duties are awaiting in the future.
Well done eBay - another debacle
So is the item retained on the outward journey to Japan or the journey back?

I would have thought the buyer, if he was a good one, would have contacted you as soon as he received it to say he was unhappy with it.

In all of my overseas sales, I have found the Japanese buyers to be the most courteous and respectful...
Quote
Like
Share

1970grave
Level 2
Joined: July 28th, 2011, 12:20 pm

April 3rd, 2017, 1:17 pm #4

Yes, I will agree 100% - my very good friends in Japan have been excellent to deal with on my sales.
I finally had to drive 15 miles to the nearest postal depot......
and had to pay £40 import duties as my property was ticked as a GIFT (and therefore classed as goods) and NOT the return of PRIVATE PROPERTY.
Quote
Like
Share

muffmasterh
Level 6
Joined: April 9th, 2007, 1:06 am

April 3rd, 2017, 2:20 pm #5

1970grave,Apr 3 2017 wrote: Yes, I will agree 100% - my very good friends in Japan have been excellent to deal with on my sales.
I finally had to drive 15 miles to the nearest postal depot......
and had to pay £40 import duties as my property was ticked as a GIFT (and therefore classed as goods) and NOT the return of PRIVATE PROPERTY.
you can appeal that, you have the record of correspondence showing that it was returned goods, its hard work but can be done.
Quote
Like
Share

1970grave
Level 2
Joined: July 28th, 2011, 12:20 pm

April 3rd, 2017, 2:52 pm #6

Thanks Henry
That is the route i shall take
I've tried it before but hit a brick wall
Quote
Like
Share

muffmasterh
Level 6
Joined: April 9th, 2007, 1:06 am

April 3rd, 2017, 4:00 pm #7

1970grave,Apr 3 2017 wrote: Thanks Henry
That is the route i shall take
I've tried it before but hit a brick wall
i have been successful in the past but i am not sure if it was because i queried it before i paid out, its been a while. anyway good luck !!
Quote
Like
Share

1970grave
Level 2
Joined: July 28th, 2011, 12:20 pm

April 4th, 2017, 12:43 pm #8

The 3 options i had at the sorting office
1. pay our extortion fees to have 'your' property
2. we shall keep 'your' property until you hit your head against a brick wall with our mafia department called customs
3. take 'your' property and give them the option to make a claim against you
please note that the last option may involve another mafia department called the police being called.
Last edited by 1970grave on April 4th, 2017, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

muffmasterh
Level 6
Joined: April 9th, 2007, 1:06 am

April 4th, 2017, 2:41 pm #9

1970grave,Apr 4 2017 wrote: The 3 options i had at the sorting office
1. pay our extortion fees to have 'your' property
2. we shall keep 'your' property until you hit your head against a brick wall with our mafia department called customs
3. take 'your' property and give them the option to make a claim against you
please note that the last option may involve another mafia department called the police being called.
i liked the sound of option 3 myself....seriously though they didn't really give u that option did they ??
Quote
Like
Share

jimboo
Level 3
jimboo
Level 3
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 12:21 am

April 7th, 2017, 8:54 pm #10

Sold a record to Japan and three months later it arrived back at my door. Contacted the buyer and he said he was out the two times a delivery was attempted. Undelivered items returned by surface mail. Then forwarded the price of of postage so I could send ti again. As an aside new stylus arrived from China today with Adult Toy Accessory on the customs form description
Last edited by jimboo on April 7th, 2017, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share