Beatles Oldies

jimboo
Level 3
jimboo
Level 3

August 31st, 2018, 12:40 am #1

Would this be described as a genuine variation, know there has to be a line drawn somewhere

]My Webpage[/URL]

servi
Level 5
servi
Level 5

August 31st, 2018, 7:09 am #2

The position of STEREO varies greatly for this sleeve, personally I wouldn’t consider that a variant. If it was on the other side or if it said “stereo” or STEREO it would be a variant imo.
EVERY label and EVERY sleeve is different, even if it’s only a minute microscopical difference, difference in inking or a micrometer difference in spacing ;) . Therefore my personal opinion on these “slide ruler variants” as some call them, is that these are not real variants. A real variant occurs when a new layout for a label or sleeve is made, or a different label backdrop is used.
The upper sleeve in your picture for example has a small pink area below the big star under STEREO as well. The lower one has a small dot near the car....etc. etc.
Last edited by servi on August 31st, 2018, 7:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

jimboo
Level 3
jimboo
Level 3

August 31st, 2018, 8:18 am #3

Think the stereo placement is more of an illusion due to a grubby line along the top I think, was thinking more of the colouring of the blues and Greens and the sky, though not showing up too well on scan, is more of a lilac.

namralos
Level 5

August 31st, 2018, 9:53 pm #4

That's a printing variation with the blues.
servi is right, though. The word "stereo" appears all over the place on that sleeve.
As though it was forgotten originally and then stuffed in.

jimboo
Level 3
jimboo
Level 3

September 1st, 2018, 8:48 pm #5

Cheers, was just looking for a decent sleeve to match a record and noticed the difference,

muffmasterh
Level 6

September 4th, 2018, 9:09 pm #6

its not a variation imho the stereo seems to be in the same place on each sleeve but the sleeves have just gone through the guillotine slightly differently, if the stereo was in a noticeably different place in relation to the artwork then maybe.

jimboo
Level 3
jimboo
Level 3

September 5th, 2018, 12:35 am #7

muffmasterh wrote:its not a variation imho the stereo seems to be in the same place on each sleeve but the sleeves have just gone through the guillotine slightly differently, if the stereo was in a noticeably different place in relation to the artwork then maybe.
just wondering, this one has no printers credits which seems to be common in Oldies but are there any rare credits

]My Webpage[/URL]