old cap guns...

old cap guns...

J D Bedwell
J D Bedwell

June 8th, 2012, 10:17 pm #1

Hey, I am building a wall display. I would like to buy some old cap pistols (western type)of the larger kind to put on the display. Dont have to work just look good and appear all there. Not looking for high dollar collectables!
J D Bedwell box 85 Calliham, Tx. 78007

J D B
J D B

June 10th, 2012, 6:01 pm #2

Got another 1950s CODY COLT (paper buster instead of caps)gun on the way for my display ! Great!

Ken
Ken

June 29th, 2012, 9:36 pm #3

Hey, I am building a wall display. I would like to buy some old cap pistols (western type)of the larger kind to put on the display. Dont have to work just look good and appear all there. Not looking for high dollar collectables!
I have a few JD.......I lost this address when my computer took a dump and just found it again.

Good to see you are still vertical JD'

Dallasken

J D B
J D B

June 30th, 2012, 1:38 am #4

Ken, Good to hear from ya! So far I amassed some great cap guns. (4)Could use a little more to round off a display that I have not started putting together yet.
Tell me what you might part with and a (low) price.LOL .
I have 2 of the 1950s CODY COLT paper buster guns. An aunt or uncle got me one for Christmas back around that time..and it was promptly stolen out of my yard in a few days. Had forgot all about that until I saw LMCO website with pictures of the gun! They are well made and the most 'exotic' design you have ever seen. They cost $1.00 back in 1950!

J D B
J D B

July 10th, 2013, 1:19 am #5

Well I built a nice cap gun display on plywood with grass rope hanger.
Then I did the same with some old Daisy (targeteer types) and some other air pistols. Also using grass rope hangers. Didn't realize how heavy the bunch of air pistols mounted would be!! Got plenty left for more displays....but still like to shoot my old Hahn 45 and Ben Franklin .22 pump up pistol....

July 10th, 2013, 11:27 am #6

for sale

J D Bedwell
J D Bedwell

August 6th, 2013, 6:40 pm #7

Was leaving the Mexican flea mart, thought I ought to bring at least something home. Saw a hi-tech solid plastic 'gun' amid a pile of stuff. Bright orange color. Thought was a kid's toy. Bought it for $5.
At home read stamping "BLACKHAWK DEMONSTRATOR. Looked it up online. Its a law enforcement trainer, actual size of a cocked/locked colt 1911. There are several different models of police type pistols....costs from $22.?? to $40 . Learn something new every day...Painted it black,,

J D
J D

October 13th, 2013, 12:43 pm #8

Just got in a cast iron Kilgore "Little Bill" cap pistol from the 30s I think and a cast iron single shot Fenton blank pistol from the 20s! So I am starting a new display board...

J D
J D

October 16th, 2013, 1:34 am #9

Just got the hard back book DAISY air rifles & BB guns the first 100 years; by Neal Punchard/ photography by Ben Saltzman. A real FUN book! Photos are outstanding and text really informing! Very large sized book, fine 'coffee table' display type...

November 21st, 2013, 2:23 pm #10

Hey JD how are you doing, good to see you are still collecting. I'm going to try to sell or trade the remainder of my Daisy collection, need the room and have lost interest. Still have around 90 or so. If you have any interest let me know or if you know anyone that does. I'll make some good deals on multiple sales.

Ken