May 14th, 2011, 11:02 am #11

Yeah, I am sure Stroud would do a much better job of mixing science fiction and fantasy than Eoin Colfer.
"If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live. No more bees, no more pollination ... no more men!" - Einstein
"I like quoting Einstein. Know why? Because nobody dares contradict you." - Studs Terkel.
<@Ximenez> Sentynel: But i have a life? No. Qed.

aiReY-chan
Horla

May 14th, 2011, 4:02 pm #12

GP wrote:You know what I really want to read? 2000 years into the future, after Nathaniel. I just <3 angsty Bart.
Now that would be AWESOME!
n&B wrote:Yeah, I am sure Stroud would do a much better job of mixing science fiction and fantasy than Eoin Colfer.
Hey, Eoin Colfer didn't do that bad. The first two books were fine... Okay. Then he screwed up a bit.
I'd love to read that from JS, tho.
"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story".

Nero
Higher Spirit

May 14th, 2011, 4:47 pm #13

Sentynel wrote:
Garnet-Princess wrote:You know what I really want to read? 2000 years into the future, after Nathaniel. I just <3 angsty Bart.
Oh yay, I'm not a mite anymore!!!
Hmm, Bartimaeus goes sci fi.
That could be really awesome. Djinn-powered spaceships and stuff...
That would be sick. The possibilities would be endless.

Zeno
Imp

May 14th, 2011, 9:29 pm #14

aiReY-chan wrote:
n&B wrote:Yeah, I am sure Stroud would do a much better job of mixing science fiction and fantasy than Eoin Colfer.
Hey, Eoin Colfer didn't do that bad. The first two books were fine... Okay. Then he screwed up a bit.
His Time Paradox was the best I think. But he did really screw up in Atlantis Complex.
How many bears would a bear Grylles grill, if a bear Grylles could grill bears :O

Nero
Higher Spirit

May 15th, 2011, 12:02 am #15

Zeno wrote:
aiReY-chan wrote:
His Time Paradox was the best I think. But he did really screw up in Atlantis Complex.
....um, what about the first one?

You know, the one where he's actually cool?
Last edited by Nero on May 15th, 2011, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

October 10th, 2011, 10:13 pm #16

I started a fanfic on scifi Barty... plz check out 'Candle in the Edgeless Night' fanfiction.net
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7178958/1/
:D
Shabooya sha sha shabooya
ROLL CALL!
My name is Jessica, ya
I've got it all, ya
and when i shake it, ya
I'll be your downfall

Aggron
Utukku

October 12th, 2011, 10:26 am #17

Well, maybe the fifth book name would be a thing with round or circle shape like the last 4 books the amulet is round and its the same as the eye I don't know about the gate but in the cover it looks like a circle and you know in what shape a ring is don't you
Please click on one of my dragons here

October 16th, 2011, 12:50 am #18

Aggron wrote:Well, maybe the fifth book name would be a thing with round or circle shape like the last 4 books the amulet is round and its the same as the eye I don't know about the gate but in the cover it looks like a circle and you know in what shape a ring is don't you
OMG, I never noticed that before!!! And yes, I think the gate is round, because it's basically a pentacle (circle with a star in it) with a hole in the circle part...
Shabooya sha sha shabooya
ROLL CALL!
My name is Jessica, ya
I've got it all, ya
and when i shake it, ya
I'll be your downfall

Aggron
Utukku

October 17th, 2011, 12:18 pm #19

Well is it just me who noticed that thing?
Please click on one of my dragons here

October 17th, 2011, 2:19 pm #20

Tbh, it doesn't make much sense to me. The gate can't really be described as round and eye is more like an oval.
"If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live. No more bees, no more pollination ... no more men!" - Einstein
"I like quoting Einstein. Know why? Because nobody dares contradict you." - Studs Terkel.
<@Ximenez> Sentynel: But i have a life? No. Qed.