Shirtless/Barefoot at PCH

May 11th, 2009, 2:07 am #1

I went down to PCH and the Huntington Beach Pier area in Southern California yesterday. I was shirtless and barefoot almost the entire day.

I could go inside of almost any place shirtless and barefoot, except a few fancy restaurants that had shirt/shoe required signs (like Ruby's on the Pier) but I didnt want to go inside of those places anyways.

I did go inside of some of the surf shops and a Subway restaurant and I was surprised I had no trouble there. I also went on the route 1 bus both shirtless and barefoot 2 times without incident.

When I was done I rode the route 29 bus home shirtless (I didnt ride
it barefoot because I didnt want to push my luck). I also rode the route 54
home from beach street which is hit and miss with going shirtless but this time I had no trouble.

I think it was a great experience and im gonna go again
sometime.

Do you think I should bring a safety shirt or just go without one so im not tempted to put it on?

Mike

Thumper
Thumper

May 11th, 2009, 6:53 pm #2

Some years ago I was in S. Calif for vacation and drove to the beach in my vehicle. I had only a pair of cutoffs with no UW, no shoes or shirt with me. I left my ID and keys in the car (key punch entry) so didn't have to carry anything with me. Took a towel to the beach area, and since there were few people around, I took off my cutoffs and went in the oceon. When I came out after about 1/2 hour, saw that my towel and cutoffs were missing. Made a quick run to the car, got in and then drove back to the motel naked. It was a little tricky but sure glad nobody saw me when I ran into the motel room.

Mike
Mike

May 11th, 2009, 7:56 pm #3

That sounds like a cool story. I didnt even go in the water when I went to the beach I just walked around and did some shopping. I dont wear underwear under my shorts either, just had some shorts on and was barefoot when I went. I took a tank top and some flips with me but only wore the flip flops with the shorts home. If I had gone in the water I probably wouldvnt have risked taking my shorts off because since I take the bus there I couldnt risk being stuck at the beach naked. If I had a car or a bike it might be more interesting but yeah I just wanted to see how long I could stay shirtless and barefoot. Id like to go there shirtless and barefoot sometime and not even take a shirt or shoes with me but id just have to make sure I take a shirtless/barefoot friendly buses to get there and back.

May 30th, 2009, 1:07 pm #4

Some years ago I was in S. Calif for vacation and drove to the beach in my vehicle. I had only a pair of cutoffs with no UW, no shoes or shirt with me. I left my ID and keys in the car (key punch entry) so didn't have to carry anything with me. Took a towel to the beach area, and since there were few people around, I took off my cutoffs and went in the oceon. When I came out after about 1/2 hour, saw that my towel and cutoffs were missing. Made a quick run to the car, got in and then drove back to the motel naked. It was a little tricky but sure glad nobody saw me when I ran into the motel room.
Sometimes when I come out of the water, I didn't realize I had moved in the water and came up in a different spot. But if there were not many other people on the beach, they should have been easy to find. Somebody either took them and was watching you, or you just didn't see them. That sure must have been a scary feeling!
Last edited by barefootdad on May 30th, 2009, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alex
alex

August 21st, 2009, 5:01 am #5

I went down to PCH and the Huntington Beach Pier area in Southern California yesterday. I was shirtless and barefoot almost the entire day.

I could go inside of almost any place shirtless and barefoot, except a few fancy restaurants that had shirt/shoe required signs (like Ruby's on the Pier) but I didnt want to go inside of those places anyways.

I did go inside of some of the surf shops and a Subway restaurant and I was surprised I had no trouble there. I also went on the route 1 bus both shirtless and barefoot 2 times without incident.

home from beach street which is hit and miss with going shirtless but this time I had no trouble.

sometime.

Do you think I should bring a safety shirt or just go without one so im not tempted to put it on?

Mike
Huntington Beach and San Diego are both great places to spend the days totally barefoot and shirtless. I keep returning to them for vacations. No problems at beach front restaurants, busses, or shops. I especially liked going down to breakfast barefoot and shirtless at my hotel. One day a teen guy followed my example.

Alex

Mike
Mike

September 6th, 2009, 7:16 am #6

Ive been to Huntington Beach shirtless many times, usually down by the Pier near the Strand. I havent been shirtless to San Diego yet as its about 2 hours from me and the only practical way there is by train or several buses. Anyways ive been able to go shirtless sucessfully at almost all places in HB, including on most buses except to some fancier restaurants that have NS3 signs (which make no sense on a beach, that seems like career suicide to me in most cases) and this one irish pub where the ladies inside told me I had to wear shirt/shoes to eat there. I ended up wearing a tank top and flip flops but otherwise I was able to go shirtless everywhere. Sometimes the buses going to PCH are problematic when going shirtless because most of the time they let shirtless guys ride but every now and then I get one that wont so it makes it difficult to simply go there shirtless/barefoot without a safety shirt or shoes otherwise id just leave those at home and simply wear a pair of shorts there. I have a bicycle but since I live in the city of Orange it would be quite a ride to go out there unless I found some bike trail that would be quicker and then I could simply ride there and forego the shirt and shoes. I dont usually need those anyways and as a general rule I hate wearing shirts and shoes.

Mike

Bob Young
Bob Young

March 4th, 2012, 4:05 am #7

sometime.

Mike
Don't be a pussy and bring a safety shirt. Be a man!