First time shirtfree driving

First time shirtfree driving

Toby
Toby

June 29th, 2003, 9:23 pm #1

Good to see new posts after eight months lifeless.

Have longed to try shirtfree driving ever since discovering this site and JoeyBlue's, and yesterday I finally did it!

I was reluctant for so long because I felt too self-conscious – the climate is seldom good enough in the UK, and although men are nowadays quite quick to get their shirts off in hot weather (I live on the south coast) I never see anyone driving shirtless except occasional lorry drivers.

A couple of weeks ago I tried it out on a short journey of 20 miles, and the feeling was such a rush that I sprang an immediate hard-on which didn’t start to subside until at least five miles later.

So, with a day trip of 150 miles each way lined up for yesterday, I planned to make it a shirtfree experience and hoped the weather would be kind. At 7.30am I climbed into my car (no erection this time) and headed off, wearing only trainers and shorts (fb of course) and it was fantastic. Stayed shirtless all the way there, and stood in the car park while changing into what I needed to wear for the event I’d gone to, then changed clothes again to drive all the way home on a beautiful, warm, summer afternoon wearing just the same as before.

It was so good not to have a shirt rucking up under the seat belt, and dragging down at the back with the friction against the seat, all usually needing constant readjustment. And it was great to have the feeling of totally naked arms when turning the steering wheel. Even my mind seemed to feel the freedom, making it a very happy day’s driving.

I was lucky that the weather was favourable – it was an incredible experience to feel the warmth of the sun through the windscreen directly on to bare skin (don’t worry, the harmful rays can’t penetrate glass) and the breezes too (I drive a Land Rover, and once the day had warmed up a bit I opened the air vents in the front bulkhead and in the roof, and had my side-window open some of the time too).

But I didn’t see even one other shirtless guy all day, so what did I do to avoid feeling self-conscious? I have to admit that I kept a shirt handy to put on when I stopped to re-fuel or to eat, but for driving – well, I adopted the tale of The Emperor’s New Clothes – I knew everyone could see I wasn’t wearing a shirt, but I simply behaved totally as though I believed I was wearing one! And it worked. It was brilliant. Can’t wait for the next opportunity to do it again.

Toby

Ferdinand
Ferdinand

February 9th, 2007, 3:05 am #2

I used to drive to and from work and work all day and never wore or brought a shirt with me, and I felt fantastic!