pbladd
pbladd

December 16th, 2005, 2:30 am #11

Hey AJ - I too love the feel of the warm pavement under my bare feet - lucky enough to live here in So. Florida where its barefoot weather year round - most weekends I'm barefoot 24/7 - work days require shoes but always sockless & flipf flops on casual days - nothing hotter than & more freeing than my bare toes in the open air - go for it dude & contact me (one & all) if you'd like share your barefoot stories / adventures

AJ
AJ

September 4th, 2007, 8:19 pm #12

Linda and Susan, I too am shy at the beginning of the warm weather then gradually get more brave. Being a guy, for me it goes one step further both shirtless and barefoot. At the beginning of the warm weather, I have a t-shirt and flipflops on and only remove the flipflops when there are very few people. As it gets warmer, I lose my self consciousness about being barefoot and no longer have the flipflops with me. eventually, i work up enough courage to not only remove my shirt but to have neither shirt nor shoes with me when I go out on walks on nice hot summer days. next year, I hope to also drive with neither a shirt nor shoes for insurance (e.g. leaving them at home) and go somewhere like to a park a few miles from home and take a nice shirtless barefoot walk. I feel such freedom in the warm months when I have neither shirt nor shoes on and the warm breeze blows against my bare chest, back, and feet!!
I had to use my last vacation day at my job today and what better thing to do than spend part of it taking a walk around my neighborhood barefoot and shirtless. It was a clear sunny day and I took a nice long walk wearing neither shirt nor shoes. Since the temperature is in the 80's, I also wore shorts. The warm sun felt amazing against my bare chest and feet. Also on the walk, I walked past this one young woman (approx late 20's/early 30's). She was walking barefoot in her yard. When I walked by, she smiled at me and said hi. I must admit that that was flattering.
AJ

barefoot fan
barefoot fan

February 19th, 2008, 7:55 pm #13

I go barefoot to convienience stores on purpose for fun. I love to go into the stores with signs saying "No Bare Feet" just to see if they say anything! Most of the time
they don't. I don't bring shoes along, so I can't chicken
out. I have very pretty feet, but I'm still shy about going barefoot.
I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's it seemed like everyone went barefoot. Now, people like flipflops instead. Was it just a fad back then? If so I hope it comes back. I am going to try to shop barefoot at
a regular grocery store if I can get up the guts this summer.
Linda, I get the same feeling being shy about going barefoot in public. You are right about the 70s & 80s, everybody went barefoot everywhere! I go to the grocery store barefoot just to face my fear of going barefoot in public. I love how my heart pounds the whole time I'm in the store.