Bad comics that need to be on the BWW.

Last Spork in the Universe

Blue Dragon
Casual User
Blue Dragon
Casual User

June 9th, 2018, 1:05 pm #1

This is the most hideously ugly thing I have ever seen. It's a MS Paint abortion that looks like it was drawn with a mouse held in someone's ass.
Last Spork in the Universe
It has 134 pages so is totally eligible, the website is out-of-the-box template and the main page takes you to the archive.
I haven't been able to force myself to read it, it's so fucking ugly, but it seems to be about some randos who find a magical spork and fight fire wizards.
I can't emphasize how fucking ugly this thing is. It's only been going since 2017, so they've updated a lot, but the art hasn't improved any.
Page one
Page 132
They've added color, and some copy pasta, but it hasn't really improved anything (if anything the ctrl+v stuff is really jarring against the smudge brush smears).

idkwayta
Regular User
idkwayta
Regular User

June 9th, 2018, 2:32 pm #2

haha at least Sonichu was clear enough to read, I can't say what is going on in the page. The arts are range from first-year art student sketchbook to elementary kid drawings. The dialogs are unreadable on some page, the artist just has to draw the background with random shit to make it even harder to read, and the blur effect, urggg. 
This is a very special case of bad art, it feels like the artist want to make it artistic and surreal as much as possible but doesn't have any skill to back it up  
Also, will any madman dare read and understand the comic to judge the writing part?

Long Tom
Living Spambot
Long Tom
Living Spambot

June 9th, 2018, 3:34 pm #3

I thought immediately of this when I read your links: http://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Harvest

ToothBrusher
Casual User
ToothBrusher
Casual User

June 10th, 2018, 12:48 am #4

the art gets so bad that they have to label what's going on several times. 

I also spent far longer than I should of trying to determine if the Armenian writing was actually accurate, or at the very least just used letters from Armenian alphabet. If it turns the fact they are Armenian has no bearing on the plot I am going to complain.

I'll give the damn thing a shot; I've been tempted to try and review something.

Blue Dragon
Casual User
Blue Dragon
Casual User

June 10th, 2018, 2:31 am #5

ToothBrusher wrote: the art gets so bad that they have to label what's going on several times. 

I also spent far longer than I should of trying to determine if the Armenian writing was actually accurate, or at the very least just used letters from Armenian alphabet. If it turns the fact they are Armenian has no bearing on the plot I am going to complain.

I'll give the damn thing a shot; I've been tempted to try and review something.
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
I could only manage a few pages and had to go look at pictures of nudibranchs til I felt better.

ToothBrusher
Casual User
ToothBrusher
Casual User

June 11th, 2018, 2:33 am #6

This is just depressing.  I thought they were like 14.

Link. http://lastsporkintheuniverse.the-comic.org/comics/61/

sadspork1.PNG
Sadspork2.PNG
SadSpork3.PNG SadSpork4.PNG SadSpork5.PNG BigSadspork6.PNG

Skunkbrains
Casual User
Skunkbrains
Casual User

June 17th, 2018, 1:19 am #7

MY EYES BLEED

ToothBrusher
Casual User
ToothBrusher
Casual User

June 18th, 2018, 11:57 pm #8

bit of an update: I'm about 70 pages in the comic and I can say without a doubt that the story of comic is pretty bad. still not as ugly bad as the art though. 

It'll probably take me a while to write up a satisfactory review because I got some stuff to deal with, but nevertheless I am determined to get to it eventually.  

idkwayta
Regular User
idkwayta
Regular User

June 19th, 2018, 12:04 am #9

ToothBrusher wrote: bit of an update: I'm about 70 pages in the comic and I can say without a doubt that the story of comic is pretty bad. still not as ugly bad as the art though. 

It'll probably take me a while to write up a satisfactory review because I got some stuff to deal with, but nevertheless I am determined to get to it eventually.  
you doing God's work here mate. I feel like I lost 20 IQ pts after reading a few pages

webkilla
Living Spambot
webkilla
Living Spambot

June 19th, 2018, 4:13 pm #10

fuck this sounds bad - not even going to touch this