New Naturists! Read this:

New Naturists! Read this:

February 13th, 2004, 7:49 pm #1

I have noticed over the past few weeks of new naturists getting on board here. Some of you have not been to a resort or beach or any public place in the nude. However you have mentioned that you are looking forward to the summer time when you can go to such places for the first time.

Could we get a list of folks here who will be going for the first time? Since it is scattered through-out the forum, it would be hard to go back and find you all. So I thought you might want to post under here and let us know who you are and your plans for your first trip.

Of course, we do expect a story on your return from your first trip.

Lets hear from all of you! (And some encouraging words from our experienced folks)

Boyd Allen

wirewheels
wirewheels

February 14th, 2004, 1:55 am #2

I would like to encourage anyone to visit a resort when the opportunity is right. We have been to quite a few and have always felt welcome.
We have met many friendly people who are willing to sit and visit or play games

Trailscout
Trailscout

February 14th, 2004, 4:56 am #3

There are lots of things to do at most nudist camps and resorts:
Bring your own board games! Folks will join in.
Play tennis or volleyball. Folks will join in.
Go skinnydipping. It's okay here!
Erase your tan lines.
Cook a steak.
Camp out.
Find out about the game of Petanque. (Anyone can play it)
Make new friends.
Lift weights.
Soak in a hot tub.
Guys swap stories about giant fish they caught.
Gals laugh at the puny fish their husbands bring home.
Bring your frisbee.
Bring the kids and let them frolic in the nude.

SpunkyLady
SpunkyLady

February 14th, 2004, 1:31 pm #4

Yes, I am from florida and plan to go resorting soon as the weather stays warm here. I guess Ill be a lonesome dove for the first time. Thanks for sharing positive things people do at a resorts. I wouldn't mind teaming up with a group of girls/coed people that are going. I would love to get to know more floridians as well. By the way- I am just looking for friendship, I have a gentleman friend in the service.

A sister in Christ:
Spunky

Will
Will

February 15th, 2004, 1:10 am #5

I have noticed over the past few weeks of new naturists getting on board here. Some of you have not been to a resort or beach or any public place in the nude. However you have mentioned that you are looking forward to the summer time when you can go to such places for the first time.

Could we get a list of folks here who will be going for the first time? Since it is scattered through-out the forum, it would be hard to go back and find you all. So I thought you might want to post under here and let us know who you are and your plans for your first trip.

Lets hear from all of you! (And some encouraging words from our experienced folks)

Boyd Allen
My wife and I have been to several resorts across the country and have had enjoyable experiences at each of them. So from experience and observation, I would make the following suggestions:
1. In general, at nudist resorts it is kind of an unspoken rule that people will not intrude on newcomers, by that I mean that they may greet you but leave it up to you if you want to be left alone.
I think most first timers are nervous and tend to give off signals that they want to be left alone. Then after the visit they complain that people would not talk to them. So, if you want to meet people, let people know you are open for conversation.

2. I have found some of our best attempts at meeting people were in the hot tub. Generally, in the evening more people go to the hot tub. I guess it puts you closer together and the conversation is easier. Again, join in the conversation and you should meet some interesting people.

3. There are various views about when to get nude on a first time visit. I think it will make for a more enjoyable experience if you take you clothes off right away. I have watched people go nearly all day and not get undressed, and they did not appear to have a good day.
I hope you all will go to a resort and that it will be something you will enjoy.
Will-Be naked and not ashamed

David
David

February 16th, 2004, 8:03 am #6

Boyd Allen
Hi,

My name is David and I've been into Christian naturism about three weeks now. I am planning on doing something outdoors for the first time, this spring/summer, probably going to a resort. Please keep me in your prayers.

Because He lives,
David

Boyd Allen
Boyd Allen

February 16th, 2004, 5:23 pm #7

My wife and I have been to several resorts across the country and have had enjoyable experiences at each of them. So from experience and observation, I would make the following suggestions:
1. In general, at nudist resorts it is kind of an unspoken rule that people will not intrude on newcomers, by that I mean that they may greet you but leave it up to you if you want to be left alone.
I think most first timers are nervous and tend to give off signals that they want to be left alone. Then after the visit they complain that people would not talk to them. So, if you want to meet people, let people know you are open for conversation.

2. I have found some of our best attempts at meeting people were in the hot tub. Generally, in the evening more people go to the hot tub. I guess it puts you closer together and the conversation is easier. Again, join in the conversation and you should meet some interesting people.

3. There are various views about when to get nude on a first time visit. I think it will make for a more enjoyable experience if you take you clothes off right away. I have watched people go nearly all day and not get undressed, and they did not appear to have a good day.
I hope you all will go to a resort and that it will be something you will enjoy.
Will-Be naked and not ashamed
Don't wait. You go to be in a naturist environment, and staying dressed only makes others nervous, or annoyed at best.

It's not that they "want to see you naked", but that they know you are not what you claim to be.

So start right off at the first place you can be nude. I have arrived at the resort already nude. If it's the first time and you are not sure, go to the office clothed, and when you find the people there nude, and you have signed in, (dues, introduction, etc.) then immediately go to your car and leave 'em there! (shoes are ok, but PLEASE don't wear black socks and dress shoes...they look aweful..especially in contrast to your untanned skin! Go for the sandles if you must wear shoes of some sort).

Hot tubs are a great place to meet people. If they look dead, leave 'em alone, they'll wake up and go on soon. Others will replace them and you can chat with them! Act normal. Act like you've been there before.

Boyd

Boyd Allen
Boyd Allen

February 16th, 2004, 5:28 pm #8

Hi,

My name is David and I've been into Christian naturism about three weeks now. I am planning on doing something outdoors for the first time, this spring/summer, probably going to a resort. Please keep me in your prayers.

Because He lives,
David
We know you will find peace and joy when you do go. Just act normal, (like you've been there before) and watch what others are doing. You can quickly blend in and nobody pays attention to your nudity.

You will do well. May God bless you and we do pray that you and all of us here draw closer to God and he will draw close to you.

Boyd Allen

M S S
M S S

February 18th, 2004, 12:17 am #9

Boyd Allen
I'm new to nudism and am considering visiting a resort later this year. I have been separated for about 5 1/2 months at this point (2/17/04), and will probably be divorced within a month or two. I don't know if I am changing how I feel toward nudism, or if I am going through a phase as a result of other events that are changing my life. In the meantime, I am searching and learning.
MSS

MSS
MSS

February 18th, 2004, 12:35 am #10

There are lots of things to do at most nudist camps and resorts:
Bring your own board games! Folks will join in.
Play tennis or volleyball. Folks will join in.
Go skinnydipping. It's okay here!
Erase your tan lines.
Cook a steak.
Camp out.
Find out about the game of Petanque. (Anyone can play it)
Make new friends.
Lift weights.
Soak in a hot tub.
Guys swap stories about giant fish they caught.
Gals laugh at the puny fish their husbands bring home.
Bring your frisbee.
Bring the kids and let them frolic in the nude.
Hey,
I'm a musician and was wondering if people bring guitars and sit around and jam nude at resorts?
MSS