Which of the bird puppets work with the Bird Arm

Which of the bird puppets work with the Bird Arm

CRAZY CHRIS
CRAZY CHRIS

January 27th, 2012, 3:41 am #1

Do most of the birds work with the bird arm effect?

do any enter through the back?

i have a bit of a long forearm and the buzz bonkit i bought doesnt come all the way down...i realize he was meant to be a childs toy...but just wanted to make sure the pro birds are longer?

cc

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

January 27th, 2012, 6:24 am #2

Pro birds are longer and should cover your arm well. The only one that might not look right on the arm is the flamingo. I'm not sure if it is still listed on the site. It has really long legs, which would hang down. (He is one of my favorites.)

Oh, and I wouldn't advise letting the Ostrich sit on your arm!

I recommend that you get a puppet that could pull double duty. For example, you have the white owl which can be in the bird show and in a wizard show. Perhaps a rooster or chicken for a bird show now and farm show later. Or an eagle for a Celebrate America show later. They do two shows for the price of one!

CRAZY CHRIS
CRAZY CHRIS

January 27th, 2012, 6:40 am #3

i have a bit of a long forearm and the buzz bonkit i bought doesnt come all the way down...i realize he was meant to be a childs toy...but just wanted to make sure the pro birds are longer?

cc
thanks for the info tony!!

We definitely make use of our puppets for multiple shows!! When we get a new character they become part of the "Creek Critter" family and usually get a role in atleast every other production

at this point my plans are to purchase

VERNA
OWL
TOUCAN
PARROT
COCKATOO
OSTRICH
FLAMINGO
EAGLE
VULTURE
PELICAN

and possibly a custom woodpecker...fingers crossed

cc

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

January 27th, 2012, 2:45 pm #4

cc
Don't forget the 30th anniversary sale for January! With an order like you have it could result in quite a large savings! Enough for another puppet. (Don't tell Steve I reminded you!)

mark trumasn
mark trumasn

January 27th, 2012, 5:19 pm #5

cc
chris, i have the cockatoo, parrot, vern and verna. i use my vern, and parrot the most. vern for my walk a rounds, and pineapple (parrot)for children's show with the magic rope trick.
tony is right, multi use forums work the best. just remember to move the puppet to the correct show bag each time, (or even better, buy one for each bag!)

CRAZY CHRIS
CRAZY CHRIS

January 27th, 2012, 6:19 pm #6

cc
Tony ...sadly that sale window is gonna close before i am able to pounce...haha

mark... thanks for the info!... we have a small puppet theater and so our puppet needs are a bit different from a vent/magician ... we basically create a cast of characters that have their intro show and next thing ya know they are playing a part in a play or evolving as a character in the next show. its quite fun!! its like having our own little sesame street...lol

cc

January 28th, 2012, 3:35 am #7

cc
For the most part (with the way the bird sits on an arm) only the birds with bottom entry will work like vern and sit "on" the arm. Here are the birds...http://www.axtell.com/birds.html

Some birds like the Pelican, Fred, Goose, Turkey, Ducks, or Ostrich (ha)have a back entry and won't "sit" on the arm.

Ax
Last edited by axtell on January 28th, 2012, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.