When and Where did you meet Terry?

When and Where did you meet Terry?

February 14th, 2010, 8:14 pm #1

Okay in this thread, if you have had the privilege of meeting Terry in person, tell WHEN and WHERE.

I'll go first.

I first met Terry when I delivered Vikki to him in Vegas before he was at the Mirage... October 2008

Last edited by axtell on February 15th, 2010, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

February 15th, 2010, 12:47 am #2

I met Terry a little over a week ago, after his Vegas show. Many thanks to Randy and another friend for setting up the meeting.

February 15th, 2010, 6:18 am #3

Met Terry when he showed up at the VentHaven convention in 2008.

Mark Edson
Mark Edson

February 15th, 2010, 7:02 am #4

Okay in this thread, if you have had the privilege of meeting Terry in person, tell WHEN and WHERE.

I'll go first.

I first met Terry when I delivered Vikki to him in Vegas before he was at the Mirage... October 2008

At Mahaffey Theatre in St Petersburg Florida.He came out to greet people in the lobby, I was one of the first 10 people in line...I talked to him about Venthaven briefly and he said he'd be there, he signed a Terry Fator playcard for me. I told him I was working on some drawings and he would be one of them. Next time I seen him was at VentHaven in the hallway leading to the kids open mic show. I showed him the artwork I did for him, he had already seen it! Someone who got one of the prints I did, had him sign it whe he walked into the lobby! I'm glad he liked it. I gave him the original after his evening show. Venthaven Rocks!...the stories we all have prove that.

February 15th, 2010, 7:28 am #5

I'll go first.

I was unable to make it to VentHaven 08' and I had really been looking forward to meeting Terry. I went into the neighborhood BestBuy this past October to buy a new printer, and this guy walks past me. I caught just a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye and I knew who he was right away and approached him. After introducing myself and sharing a handshake, Terry provided me with his contact information. I had my camera-phone with me and asked Terry for a photo. He was a bit reluctant at first due to a fresh stain on his shirt from a recent meal, but put his arm around me instead, and asked his assistant to shoot away!

Duane Echols

Last edited by axtell on February 15th, 2010, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 15th, 2010, 5:19 pm #6

I'll go first.

I just missed getting to meet Terry at the National Ventriloquists' ConVENTion at Fort Mitchell, Ohio. I did hear that those who met him were quite impressed by his being "just a regular guy", and that he had made a generous donation to the ventriloquist's museum. Maybe next time I'll have the priviledge of a face-to-face encounter.
Davy L. Troxel

February 16th, 2010, 2:05 am #7

I have had the misfortune of not meeting Terry at the 2008 Vent Haven Con. My first visit was 2009. Terry there is a void in myself for the chance meeting of the torch barer, the keeper of the flame for the continuity of the legends of Edgar Bergan, Paul Winchell,Senor Wences, Jimmy Nelson,Bob Isaacson,Sammy King Jeff Dunham,and yourself. I have met and befriended everyone else and sorry to say I have not had the honor of your encounter.
I have left out many of the more modern and wonderful vents in their own right, not on purpose, but for lack of space. Hopefully you will do us all a huge favor and try to make it a point to make many vents very happy by making an appearance at the 2010 Vent Haven Convention....you certainly will me. Who else would like that to happen if at all possible?

February 16th, 2010, 4:41 pm #8

I'll go first.

I had started emailing Terry when he first got on AGT, and then got to meet him at the convention.

I happened to be in the lobby when he came in and when I walked over to introduce myself, he recognized me immediately from my email (my pic is in my sig) and thanked me for my support.

Very gracious guy.

February 16th, 2010, 6:03 pm #9

I'll go first.

I met Terry, when he came to the Borgata in Atlantic City, somewhere between his dates at the Hilton and the contract with the Mirage.
Last edited by axtell on February 16th, 2010, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeFerna Walch
LeFerna Walch

February 16th, 2010, 7:50 pm #10

I'll go first.

I also met Terry at the ConVENTion in 2008. He liked my Axtel Diva (Destiny Fox) he posed her for a picture of the two of them. Maybe he liked how she felt and then ordered Vicki... I also have a picture with him. I don't know if he remembers me... but I am sure he remembers Destiny Fox. If I were to give him something to remember ME by, I am the one who asked him how his marriage was doing... knowing how hard it is on a marriage when you are in the limelight... I also gave he and his sister a children's novel that I wrote and illustrated.

I loved his book and was surprised to read he and I both have Adult A.D.D.

LeFerna