WELCOME: Please Introduce Yourself

Henk van den Bos
Henk van den Bos

March 5th, 2008, 10:26 am #31

Yes, I believe so. It is open at 4 pm Pacific Standard Time (California). Give it a try and let Steve know if you had any difficulties.
Yes i'm a believer (euhhh) reader!!

Richard Charley
Richard Charley

March 5th, 2008, 11:52 am #32

WELCOME TO THE AXTELL CUSTOMER IDEA FORUM! Please introduce yourself here in this thread, then click "RETURN TO INDEX" and join in the discussions!
Looks agood

Terry Wild
Terry Wild

March 18th, 2008, 12:18 am #33

WELCOME TO THE AXTELL CUSTOMER IDEA FORUM! Please introduce yourself here in this thread, then click "RETURN TO INDEX" and join in the discussions!
Well, firstly I write all my thoughts on the subject, gags and quips etc. Then I type it out in large type and have the script near my bed so I can read it often. After that I'm pretty right after I practice a few times in front of a mirror minus puppet, and then with a puppet. Sometimes I do what Tony Borders does, and write some land marks to read just before I go on and after that........ I pray! I always add lib anyways, so it comes out in the end ok. This is the first time I have been here , and this site is tops! I am from the East Coast of Australia and there is not many vents here. Puppets are still well accepted though and we find people quickly get into the fantasy of our puppet world, which is great for us. We only work clean and come anywhere near "blue" stuff at all.
best always
Terry

Tommy
Tommy

March 18th, 2008, 9:49 pm #34

I'm here. Just found this forum. I live in Uk and am trying to find the voices and acts for my two lil' boys. Hoping to get Mr. Tucker the turtle for christmas

March 19th, 2008, 2:44 pm #35

Welcome to the newcomers! Your presence here is appreciated. Please join into all the discussions!

Ax

March 19th, 2008, 3:52 pm #36

It's me, your resident new guy! Newbie here.

March 21st, 2008, 4:42 am #37

Just thought I would check in and say hi. I have been a huge puppet enthusiast ever since I was a small boy. Even though I have worked in the entertainment industry as both talent and production for the past 28 years, I have never had the opportunity to do any real performing with puppets, even though I own a few.

After seeing your website and getting excited about the Magic puppets (the movement is just amazing!), I am now trying to talk my wife into helping me put together a puppet entertainment company for children and family parties and events.

I have a good history in show production......but talking the wife into investing into such a venture....well, that's the hard part. Any ideas?

Glad to be a part of the fun!

Don Schockow
Rainbow Ridge Productions

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

March 21st, 2008, 5:20 am #38

Welcome! You might try letting your extra jobs pay for equipment for the first several jobs. (Don't quit your dayjob kind of thing.) You will find much more work for kids than adults when advertising puppets, but that's okay. There are always kids who need entertainment.

What are you looking for in the way of ideas?
How to advertise a new business?
How to convince your wife?
How to put together a show? (You'll find tips on this forum from previous posts.)

March 21st, 2008, 4:14 pm #39

Welcome Don! I know your excitement will carry you a LONG way! I cannot tell you how many times I've heard about people wanting to quit their job to do this....I agree with Tony that do it cautiously and over a good period. Don't underestimate the security of a real job....but then again don't underestimate what your career could potentially become if you turn to Entertainment. There are easy ways to begin the journey.

We have several resources

This Forum (read it all!)

The Learning Center - http://www.axtell.com/learn.html

The Customer Service Page is full of ideas and tips http://www.axtell.com/custserv.html

There are also mail lists for puppetry and ventriloquism listed on our links page http://www.axtell.com (worldvents, puptcrit, christianvents, christpup)

We also host a daily Chat where we can do real time idea exchanges. There are a lot of experienced, and newbies there.

Welcome!

Ax

Ralph Bilodeau
Ralph Bilodeau

March 24th, 2008, 5:42 pm #40

Yes, I am reading this BB

Ralph