Using plaster on puppet

Using plaster on puppet

colin
colin

May 18th, 2008, 11:10 am #1

Hi

I am using Axtell Elf puppet with the Bicycle safety routine.

I need to have a plaster(band aid) on it's cheek.

Will using normal ones used on humans affect the latec of the puppet?

Thanks

Colin

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

May 18th, 2008, 2:01 pm #2

There is a thin layer of paint over gray latex on the puppets. I would be afraid to try any adhesive on the latex, especially the face. Could you use a cloth bandage wrapped around his head?

I once had a nose bleed and my mother-in-law put a tourniquet around my neck. She said she did it in order to save face.

If you feel you HAVE to use a bandaid then I'd suggest taking a kleenex and dabbing at the sticky side SEVERAL times until it feels almost like it won't stick. The dust on the kleenex will help take away much of the stickiness. This will cause your act to be less tacky!

May 19th, 2008, 9:31 pm #3

I like tonys ideas = use cloth or reduce the glue on the bandaide.

FYI - The Latex base color is mixed to whatever color we need as a base color - on our bear it's brown, on our bird it's yellow....we do then put on a thin layer of airbrushing where needed. In rare occasions, there is a painted coating to completely change the color of a latex part...usually only when the volume doesn't justify mixing an entire 5 gallons of latex to a specific color.
Ax

Montana's Santa
Montana's Santa

May 20th, 2008, 12:54 pm #4

try sprinkling a little talcum powder on the bandaid and blowing it off... that should diffuse the adhesive power of the tape.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

May 21st, 2008, 1:24 am #5

Another cool idea from Santa!

I found out the hard way about the paint. I used Armor All cleaning wipes (not just the protectant wipe, but a cleaner with protectant) and I must have scrubbed a little too hard. The spot came off along with the paint!)

Colin
Colin

May 21st, 2008, 11:35 am #6

Hi

I am using Axtell Elf puppet with the Bicycle safety routine.

I need to have a plaster(band aid) on it's cheek.

Will using normal ones used on humans affect the latec of the puppet?

Thanks

Colin
Thanks for your help.

Colin