Suzie's Puppet Ministry first out of Church

Suzie
Suzie

April 1st, 2012, 1:18 pm #11

Axtell Family. Shower me with Prayers Saturday afternoon Pleeeeeze!
It will be my first honest to goodness Suzie's Puppet Ministry outside of a church building. I've done walk arounds out of the Church before, but this is a whole Puppet Show with just little old me out of my comfort zone (not in a church).
I wasn't sure that they would even allow me to come and do a Program when I offered. Because it is not a faith based setting. I went to them and offered to come and do a show for the kids. They liked how I walked around and greeted people for a Movie Morning they had at the factory last December. So, they are giving me a shot at this. I made it as clear as I could that my title is Puppet Ministry. Not sure if the person/persons I talked to understood that. I don't think they heard beyond puppet. But, with it being their Easter Egg Hunt. I think my puppets and I will fit in just fine.
I am taking Ayla (Seal)and Dodger DeCar (possum)for the main program. Rosie Latelstynecar (skunk)as my third puppet if I need to run the program longer. The Easter Egg Hunt follows my Puppet Show. I am also taking along my talking Centipede (it is just a simple made up story with a box and a plastic Centipede). I do not do magic yet so I have to take along a talking plastic centipede this time around for something really short and quick if needed as a filler.
Sharing and reading this and that with you all, has been such a great help for me getting started. I love the art of giving life to a Puppet. Man, the laughs and smiles are just priceless.
Thanks. Suzie
Thanks Mike for your thoughts on this. I love this sight Steve Axtell has set up for us to share our thoughts and surprises, and really cool stuff too.
I know it has helped me greatly. It is always a hands up for someone to give you an idea here and there how to handle stuff, what worked for them and what didn't.
I wish I would have noticed that the machines were/could be a problem. I just adjusted my volume when I spoke and went on. In watching the tape back is when I saw the people getting up and down, and heard the machines singing.
I am really greatful that people in motion did not distract me. Not sure what it did to the ones sitting out there though.
My husband, bless his heart took it upon himself to adjust the volume in the back, that I wasn't even aware of at the time either. He had my back so to speak. He and I call it..."Got your Six".
I figure I will hear more about this next week at work. I was doing the Puppet Show where I am employed. Since I am a plant parts runner, I am all over the plant. Most know me, but I do not know them by name. Believe me. They will tell me the truth or tease me to death. I'm ready. Bring it on. {:->

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 1st, 2012, 3:23 pm #12

It will be my first honest to goodness Suzie's Puppet Ministry outside of a church building. I've done walk arounds out of the Church before, but this is a whole Puppet Show with just little old me out of my comfort zone (not in a church).
I wasn't sure that they would even allow me to come and do a Program when I offered. Because it is not a faith based setting. I went to them and offered to come and do a show for the kids. They liked how I walked around and greeted people for a Movie Morning they had at the factory last December. So, they are giving me a shot at this. I made it as clear as I could that my title is Puppet Ministry. Not sure if the person/persons I talked to understood that. I don't think they heard beyond puppet. But, with it being their Easter Egg Hunt. I think my puppets and I will fit in just fine.
I am taking Ayla (Seal)and Dodger DeCar (possum)for the main program. Rosie Latelstynecar (skunk)as my third puppet if I need to run the program longer. The Easter Egg Hunt follows my Puppet Show. I am also taking along my talking Centipede (it is just a simple made up story with a box and a plastic Centipede). I do not do magic yet so I have to take along a talking plastic centipede this time around for something really short and quick if needed as a filler.
Sharing and reading this and that with you all, has been such a great help for me getting started. I love the art of giving life to a Puppet. Man, the laughs and smiles are just priceless.
Thanks. Suzie
There is a topic previously about learning from our mistakes. I can't recall the title or main thread. But we put down what went wrong so others could know it might happen. My favorite answer someone gave was for the little kid who wanders up during the show (often repeatedly). The person said, "I start holding an auction, and the mother comes up for the child."

April 1st, 2012, 5:40 pm #13

Thanks. Suzie
Hey Tony, good memory. I think I originally got the idea from David Ginn. I've done that auction bit a dozen times and it works sooooo well. I get my show back, get a laugh and make a few bucks at the same time. Not to mention getting even with an irritant parent.

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 1st, 2012, 7:20 pm #14

Thanks. Suzie
Ha, ha! I should have remembered it was Steve Petra who had such a great comeback.