Pose-able latex hands

Pose-able latex hands

Suzie
Suzie

March 27th, 2012, 8:49 pm #1

Hey Steve, Did I read somewhere, or am I dreaming? Do you have pose-able hands for your people puppets other than the new world's oldest man's hands?
I thought I read where someone wanted the puppet to hold something in their hand, with their fingers. But I am not sure if you have pose-able latex hands for the human puppets other than the Oldest Man's. I remember, I think, you said to hold something, they would need a wire up inside the arm for strength.

Steve
Steve

March 28th, 2012, 2:20 am #2

I didn't announce it but we have put wire in the hands before. It costs $25 to do this. Depending on the hands they bend better than others to hold things. The ones that are "cupped" are best. You can watch the videos or look at photos to tell.

Ax

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

March 28th, 2012, 3:10 am #3

Hey Steve, Did I read somewhere, or am I dreaming? Do you have pose-able hands for your people puppets other than the new world's oldest man's hands?
I thought I read where someone wanted the puppet to hold something in their hand, with their fingers. But I am not sure if you have pose-able latex hands for the human puppets other than the Oldest Man's. I remember, I think, you said to hold something, they would need a wire up inside the arm for strength.
Don't some of the Amazing Apes adjust? I know I can move my orangutans fingers to hold a fake banana.

Ax
Ax

March 29th, 2012, 6:49 pm #4

Yes Tony the apes, Cheeky Monkey and Bongo have wire in their hands, so they can hang.

Ax
Ax

April 9th, 2012, 1:55 am #5

Here is Suzie with her Storyteller as a Granny. Nice job Suzie! ... that's the second Granny we've seen from a Storyteller! Who was the other vent?

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315"></embed></object>

April 9th, 2012, 3:37 am #6

The other is Nina Conti.

Hey Suzie - love the outfit!
Last edited by PetraPuppets on April 9th, 2012, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rick Cina
Rick Cina

April 9th, 2012, 3:41 am #7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p009l ... ina_conti/

Nina Conti

Suzie
Suzie

April 9th, 2012, 8:28 am #8

I am glad you like my Aunt Lowe Lee. She is wonderful! Oh my Gosh! Steve Axtell did a fantistic job on those hands. I shared with him the other day that my Mama Fanny lived to be 99. Her hands looked old and bent, similiar to this. She was a very hard worker. It is funny how when a person grows old their body shrinks, but their hands don't. They just grow personality.
I kind of figured all along that I was not going to be able to pull off doing an old man's voice that would suit the Old Storyteller. So, in the back of my mind, was sitting Aunt Lowe Lee, just waiting to come out. She and I are so looking forward to working together. Thanks again Ax! To you and your builders for another job very well done. Thanks Steve Petra. I think she looks very nice in her purple. She loves the color purple too. My favorite color is bright orange. My hubby's favorite is purple. {:->

AX
AX

April 9th, 2012, 1:09 pm #9

We could have put a granny wig with a bun on her, but we didn't know he was a she!

Ax

Tony Borders
Tony Borders

April 9th, 2012, 1:33 pm #10

Now she can run for the Miss Universe contest!

I have a grandmother puppet which I named Arlyss, after my mother-in-law. She plays my mother-in-law in skits. I explain that "my wife's mother wanted to come out to California to visit her daughter so I told her I would bring her here first class." Then I bring out a large box with first class postage written on the side.